What Should My First Mod Be????

J15BIG

Established Member
I just got some money and want to start moding my 2001L. What should my first mod be. Im leaning towards an airfilter but I dont know. If I do decide to get an airfilter which one should I get. Should I go with PSP, JDM, or should i buy the K&N that goes into the stock airbox that is like 15% of the price. Or mayb I should get a chip. If so which one?

any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks
joe santana

retics4me

Established Member
If i was you id get a filter kit from JDM and listen to the super charger scream! then get a chip ,pulley,throttle body and all the other goodies.

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
J15BIG,

I agree with retics4me about the filter kit, but I would get the chip first or get them both together. Thats what I did.

The reason I say this is because you may start to run lean if you only get the filter, so a chip will help compensate for the increased air.

Oh, and I recommend an oil breather too!!! This will help keep the oil out of your throttle body.

I would go with JDM, they have great customer service and treat ya real good. I don't use anyone else!!!

J15BIG

Established Member
How to contact JDM

I am probaly going to go with the jdm filter and/or chip. I was wondering if they have a website? I know I can contact them through here and there phone number is on this site but I want to look at their products. If they dont have a site I guess I will just have to call them.

thanks for the info
joe santana

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
No, JDM doesn't have a web site as of yet. I was up there on the 22nd of last month and they were working on it.

Jim has great products for Lightnings, and like I said before I will only own JDM mods on my truck.

I don't want to sound like a commercial for JDM, but they are great up there!!! Tell Julie that Kyle sent ya and they will treat you right!!!:D

strk by light.

Established Member
overdrivebutton blinking

:cryying: has anyone had a problem with the 99 transmissions yet ....i think i have lost my overdrive ..

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
strk by light.,

The overdrive buttons on the shifter are electrical contact buttons.

It sounds like the contacts are wore out. To much on and off from the sound of it!!!:D

There should be a clip that holds on the overdrive switch to the shifter. I have never done this but I heard talk about it over on f-150. I doubt its your tranny.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
If you're looking for performance then a chip and filter would be a good start. If you're looking for cosmetic improvements then there are all kinds of things you could do. A hard bed cover, chrome wheels, drop kit, billet grill.........

The list is pretty much endless. Let us know what you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread