What size belt for a 2.93 pulley.

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by XSTANG
The length of 74.5 inches works on the 2.8 pulley or the 2.93... I am using Gates... It has better pulley grip IMO.. because the edge of the gelt is more pointed instead of rounded which alows it to bite into the pulley more.....

It is true that the Goodyear Gatorback 4080745 SC Belt will fit the 2.93" & 2.80" SC Pulleys for the 03 Cobra. However here is the comparison that everyone needs to know about, when purchasing a Supercharger Belt for their own application. Gatorback wins, "Hands Down" Hope this helps.

http://www.goodyearbeltsandhose.com/cars/gator.html

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I agree with WYD_TRKR 100%

I put a Gates on my Lightning because the OEM was slipping at shifts and it was fine for about 1000 miles and then the Gates stretched and I was back to the same problem.

I installed a Goodyear Gatorback and put another 10,000 miles on it with minimal slippage. I highly recommend this belt, as will other Lightning owners.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
XSTANG, I certainly wasn't discounting your opinions, just relaying my one experience with my L. :beer:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I personally think going to a 74 inch belt is the thing to do, I have the 74.5 and it slips in the upper rpm's and under the N.O.S.:D

Users who are viewing this thread