What Spark Plugs Work?!?

svtreddragon

Established Member
I have been having major issues with the plugs I put in lately. I put in motorcraft and they worked great for about 300 miles. Now I am being told these plugs are not very good and I want to swich to a good plug. Im finding inconsistent information everywhere I look and I cannot find the right plugs to use. Apparently the svt requires very specific spark plugs and a specific gap. Does anyone know what plugs work best and the gap required for them? Thanks a bunch!

svtreddragon

Established Member
Anybody? I know the svt requires specific plugs and they must be a specific heat range and the regular zetec motors plugs do not work. I just keep finding inconsistent information as to what plugs to get.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
You should have mentioned if your SVTF is stock or modified and the part# you are using....

............................................................................................................................................................................................................

IF OE/Stock: The original "OE" SVTF Motorcraft platinum plug part# changed over the years...

I ordered a stock set of Motorcraft Platinums for my SVTF- Part #SP-524 / AYFS092FE1

svtreddragon

Established Member
all stock except for a k&n filter. Many of the threads I have found on various forums mention to only use motorcraft or denso plugs. I wanted to verify this information and that the svt motor is different than the regular 2.0 zetec.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Doing a quick search online it looks like the Motorcraft SP487 isn't easily available anymore (except ebay). Could the SP-463 have replaced it?

Users who are viewing this thread