What to do with stock parts

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I'd love to put an aftermarket hood on my L but I can't figure out what I'm going to do with the stock hood. Generally I keep all of the stock parts in case I need or want to put something back to stock. The problem with that is eventually you have a pretty big pile of unused stock parts sitting around and I don't have a good place to store the stock hood.

What do you do with your stock parts once you've put a mod part in/on?

JR

Established Member
Hi FLASVT.
I think u should put them back on your truck,and
send me all mods
J.R.

smilin jack

Established Member
ya know, i had to stop modifying or i would have to park my L outside for lack of room in the garage!!! but i might have room for that stock hood of yours. if your gonna sell it what color is it and how much do ya want for it? ............. jack

1PT21GW

Established Member
Hey Rick,

We think a lot alike, I am pondering that too! I was going to do the sport model hood for my 4runner also.

So what do you do with two hoods?

Hang it from the ceiling upside down .......

Now you have a shelf to put your stock parts on too !! lol:D

Later,
Jason

oh and Jack...... I think his hood is white. Just a guess though !!!! lol:cool:

FlaSVT

Established Member
I think it might be time to rent space in one of those u-store-it places. What I'd really like to find is a garage where I can store stuff and have a nice place to work on the L. Some of the mods I want to do will take more than one evening or afternoon and I don't have that kind of space at the house.

smilin jack - the hood is white (the rarest color :D). I doubt I'd sell it if I swap hoods. I have all of the stock parts that I've changed out. Don't have any idea what I'm going to do with them or why I need to keep them but it just seems like a good thing to do.

FlaSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by captainoblivious
You build a second Lightning from all the spare parts!

Well, it's not that bad yet but it's just a matter of time :D Maybe I need to get one of those POD storage containers.

Users who are viewing this thread