What to do??????

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Sweet F*ckin' Mach

Originally posted by Tetge
Why didn't you buy a Cobra if you are going to put a blower on your car? I am not being rude, but, won't you need to redo the Mach 1 completely to lower the compression and beef up the internals if you are going to run boost? I seem to recall problems with the 96-01 aluminum block Cobras when they put s/c's on them.

No offense, taken, Tetge...it's a legitimate question, and one that I of course have been asked before...:)

I bought the Mach because that is the Mustang I wanted.....I like the style, lighter weight, solid rear axle, interior, etc etc etc of the Mach better than the Cobra or anything else...

Eric will be doing a completely custom supercharger setup for me that will put around 400 hp to the wheels without an intercooler, 450 with...

No problem with internals, I'm not going to go crazy on boost or overall power...

I then have the car I want, customized exactly how I want it...:beer: Cost probably ends up being the same as for a Cobra customized the way mine is, and making similiar power :shrug:

stang99

I like the Mach 1, and actually would have seriously considered one if the order of release had been reversed. I had a 98 and a 2001 Cobra so the Mach 1 has a sweet powerplant and the 98 handled well enough for me. But, having put a blower on my 93 GT, I would be shy about doing the aftermarket blower thing ever again. Good luck with your setup. It will be interesting seeing how it works because there is a Mach 1 at LACR that claims to have run 13.7's with minimal mods. He was out tonight but I didn't see any 13's out of him. He is running ET Streets and he is a very good driver. Goes through in 3rd so he is still using stock gears. I saw him go 13.86 a couple of weeks ago so he does run 13's some times. Very nice car, and, the solid axle makes for a more durable drag racing car, IMHO. The 5 speed tranny may even be better if my experiences with the T56 turn out to be the norm.

Last edited by a moderator:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Re: Sweet F*ckin' Mach

Originally posted by L.B.
I like the style, lighter weight, solid rear axle, interior...of the Mach better than the Cobra...
...would have seriously considered one if the order of release had been reversed.

Users who are viewing this thread