what up fellas.. been a while since i posted a kill

00SS

Established Member
Hope all is well with you guys. Just had to post a kill that happened Monday. you guys will be happy to know it wasn't a ford ;) I was going north on 360 over to my bosses house and i'm kinda stuck behind this truck going well under the speed limit...anyway, i look over to the left and theres a C4 vette with looked like some 4" exhaust tips on it (almost rice) and there was a break in traffic on the right so i gave it a little throttle ..one to get over in front of that truck and two to see if the vette would be game. Well, as soon as i moved over a lane the vette dropped the hammer and quickly put it to the floor, we punched at around 60-65 and were dead even for about a sec. and a half.. then it was bye bye vette.. i shut it down at about 130 and he was waaaaay back in the rearview almost too far back..so i tapped the brakes and coasted back down to a safe speed (drag radials @ 25psi not good for over 120..get a little shifty) he eventually catches back up and we catch a light at harwood and talk for a bit... i asked him if he was racing and he was like fu*k yea i had it to the floor.. He asked is that an auto.. i'm like yep, and i bet your gonna say you've never bean beat by an auto huh?? funny i've never heard that b4 :rolleyes: He was actually a cool older guy.. .said his son had done some work to it (exhaust/intake) but that was it. He gave me props on my car and the light turned green while were talking and asked him if he wanted to go from a stop.. he quickly gave me the 'uh ...no' and gave me a peace sign... he was a pretty cool guy.

I have to say usually that is my weakest punch (from roll @ 60) but this new built tranny w/ vacum system works awesome... i'm totally not afraid to punch with people on the highway.. instead of always gettting them to run from a stop where is where my car really moves.

anyway, take care
Devin.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Poor old guy never knew what hit him. LOL Be careful on them highways. I don't want to see another smokey post! :D

00SS

Established Member
Jeff - what up man.. yea, i have some pics i'll post up tonight when i get home.

gr8white - what's up man... no more smokeys for me ;) Have you been modding that 01 GT yet??

Track opens at Ennis on 11/02/01 (after all the big boys got done this past weekend) I hope to go beat my last 12.3 run with at least a flat 12 or maybe even 11.9 on motor. I hope to have the bugs worked out of my ad-hoc n20 setup and get 'A' run in on the bottle as well (1 run, as i don't have the rollbars yet :(

Users who are viewing this thread