What will my car run?

mustangGT04

Established Member
I have a 2004 mustang gt(auto). My mods are:BBK longtube headers, BBK o/r x-pipe, flowmaster catback, BBK underdrive pulleys, k&n intake, accufab upper pleuim and trottle body, superchip, and 3.73 gears, 18x10 rims in the back, and 18x9 in the front with bfgoodrich kdw2 . the car dyno'd at 270 wrhp. I want to know what I would run ,and what should I get to improve my performance, and times with going all n/a . Thanks.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I think you will be low 13's, if driven hard, possibly a high 12 second pass. Good luck.

fast black gt

well i got a 98gt --i did the headswap and comp cams i have not tuned it yet but i ran a 12.8 at 109 on street tires-- but my suspension is shot-- it is really soft in the back-- so it hooks really well- -

mustangGT04 said:
I have a 2004 mustang gt(auto). My mods are:BBK longtube headers, BBK o/r x-pipe, flowmaster catback, BBK underdrive pulleys, k&n intake, accufab upper pleuim and trottle body, superchip, and 3.73 gears, 18x10 rims in the back, and 18x9 in the front with bfgoodrich kdw2 . the car dyno'd at 270 wrhp. I want to know what I would run ,and what should I get to improve my performance, and times with going all n/a . Thanks.
Do they even make longtube BBK Headers that will fit automatic 99-04 GTs? I would like to get some longtubes for my Auto, how do they look/sound on yours? Do you have any clips?

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
my 01 Gt with 4.10's, BBK LT headers, MAC Hpipe, Saleen pullies, Nitto DR's, Mac intake ran 13.2@105. It was a 5 speed

mustangGT04

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
Do they even make longtube BBK Headers that will fit automatic 99-04 GTs? I would like to get some longtubes for my Auto, how do they look/sound on yours? Do you have any clips?

I just bought the longtubes and put them on, I didn't know if they were for an auto or stick. :-D

mustangGT04

Established Member
I am getting 90mm mass air censer, injecters,timing,jdm tune, drag launch springs, struts and shocks, and MT's. What will i run now? I should be makeing over 300rwhp.

JDsfastGN

Established Member
mustangGT04 said:
I am getting 90mm mass air censer, injecters,timing,jdm tune, drag launch springs, struts and shocks, and MT's. What will i run now? I should be makeing over 300rwhp.

not to be a downer but you probably won't come close to 300 rwhp. It would take at least cams to push 300 rwhp through an auto GT. Maybe im off here but that just seems to be the norm imo. The car should be in the low 13s, and has the power for even quicker, but the stock converter is gonna hold ya back.

JDsfastGN

Established Member
mustangGT04 said:
I have 270rwhp now, and the guy at jdm said it should be around 300rwhp

I've just honestly not seen a stock cammed/heads GT motor make 300 at the rear without a power adder. Even 270 seems pretty high to me through an auto. Don't get me wrong i think your setup is very capable but the GTs 4.6 motors never seem to make the dyno numbers... but ive seen them in the 12s with a gear, exhaust, really sticky tires and probably no more than 250hp at the rear.

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
i used to have a 01 GT auto with 4:10's and the best i could manage was a 13.9.....to run a mid 13 or lower your prob going to need a stall to take full advantage of the gears and get off the line faster. My best 60 foot was 2.1 and it wasnt because of traction issues....it was in bad need of a stall. It felt really slugish out of the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread