what will my car run?

03cobramanIII

Banned
mods below , with 104 gas tune on nitto 315s? this will be the first time out with the k/b and solid rear also.
i got a vert so i only get 1 pass, i got to make it a good one , what to set the psi in the nittos at?

i got a 10.0 83 gt with 408 and nitrous, with hoosier slicks
runs 11.23 /124 all motor
10.09 / 138 on 200 shot with a 1.44 60 ft.

im hoping to get some where between my 83 gt times with out the dot slicks or 335 hoosiers dr's for now , is it possible?
my vert weight 3660 just with sra and 1/4 tank , plus me im 175. add another 40 lbs for having 5 more gals of gas.
i will be going next friday or the following friday.
will it hit 10s 1 time out,
should i do some 1/8 miles passes first to get hang of hooking ?
then go all out? street tires suck! that really what a nit 315 dr is right ?

thanks for all comments and advise!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I'd say nittos at 16psi with a nice smokey burnout. RPMs at about 4000 and come off the clutch quickly and smoothly while rolling into the throttle as quickly as the tires can handle it. With your power 10s are possible, but it will depend on track prep and the shittos, I mean nittos. Good luck bro.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i got a buyer for my shittos . im thinking of the 335/35/17/ hoosier dr's , how will this tire last on the interstate? like if i take a 2000 miles round trip ''no rain of course'' will they last on highway trips. i mean they wont be worn out just from driving on them ,with not burning out right? i think they will fit on my 10.5 inch rim. but will be close to exhast pipe, and i got a 97 cobra sra too. narrower.?
they will last longer than a mt et street rigth . ? i sorta want a drag radial still.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Unfortunately I don't know how long they will last on the street as that is about the only dr that I haven't tried yet. I do know the hook like a mofo though. At least from what I've seen on other cars. They will fit a 10.5 rim.

Users who are viewing this thread