What's new for 2002?

bret

Established Member
I am thinking about getting a new Lightning. Any reason I should wait for the 2002 models? Or should I just pick up a 2001 (cause i really don't want to wait, unless there is something worth waiting for) Any chance at a cab and a half option? New performance additions? Any reason you can think of (other then the fact that it is a 02 vs an 01)

foreverford

Established Member
There are still a lot of 01's yet to be sold. I think if they are still going to continue making the L, they will skip the 02. Just my opinion.

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
If they make a 2002, it appears the only upgrade will be an incredible horsepower increase. (5 I think):D

james007p

Established Member
Just spoke to a guy at SVT yesterday about something unrelated but asked about the 2002s. He said the only changes will be the new color (blue), those number keypads on the door, and there would be NO performance upgrades. Anything else would be minimal. So it's probably not worth the wait.

PFA

Established Member
I hear it is going to be "True Blue". I guess this is a color already out on some cars.
Also, I hear that the reg. F150's are getting elc. fans. I would assume that the Lightning would too.

Brian K

Established Member
True blue pics....

side_view.jpg

top_view.jpg

The wifes new 01 GT...True Blue automatic. Reminds me of my Midnight BLue 90 300zx.....Personally, I think its a great color.....Especially if yellow isn't an optionII-)

later

bret

Established Member
yeah, i really like that blue. almost got the roush in that color. i think i might wait for the 02 after all. any idea when the 02 will be at dealers?

bret

Established Member
yeah, but now there are still 2001 models sitting on lots everywhere. and there is even one dealer ship that has an 2000 left over. i am really considering that one because i could get it for like 25k or less with a-plan, if i don't want that one i will probably wait for the 02

Users who are viewing this thread