Whats the deal?

grnenvy

Established Member
Ok I'm going to do the exhaust on my car and I'm trying to think which will yield more pwr the mid pipe or a muffler change? I only want to do either or not both. I feel the catts need to come off and changing to an X pipe will make more pwr then any muffler change could. So I did some calling around and got some diff answers from diff people! Does anyone have enough dyno time on these cars to really no which makes more pwr a mid pipe change or a muffler change? Has anyone compared the diff or tried what I'm talking about? I'm thinking a catless X pipe will win over a muffler change!

OhIIICobra

Established Member
The X pipe will get you a few more HP/TQ than the mufflers from what I've seen on here.

A guy on here dynoed after he installed both Lethal X and a catback. He picked up about 25 HP/17 TQ with both mods (his car had CAI and tune as well, but these numbers just reflect the exhaust gains). Lethal X pipe is good for 14 RWHP according to their site.

Not sure what gains other catback & mid-pipe combos are producing.

grnenvy

Established Member
ok

This is what I have been reading also! But it's crazy when you call a company and they tell you complete opposite from what your thinking or know! We need a nice off road H pipe or pro chamber for these cars!!

The X pipe will get you a few more HP/TQ than the mufflers from what I've seen on here.

A guy on here dynoed after he installed both Lethal X and a catback. He picked up about 25 HP/17 TQ with both mods (his car had CAI and tune as well, but these numbers just reflect the exhaust gains). Lethal X pipe is good for 14 RWHP according to their site.

Not sure what gains other catback & mid-pipe combos are producing.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What's up Nick. Congrats on the car man.

From out testing the catback won't do anything as far as HP or TQ gains. It's only going to change up the tone of the exhaust. Going to an offroad midpipe though gave us 14rwhp over stock.

Give me a shout if there's anything I can help you with.

Jared

drmustang

Banned

From out testing the catback won't do anything as far as HP or TQ gains. It's only going to change up the tone of the exhaust. Going to an offroad midpipe though gave us 14rwhp over stock.

Jared

By an offroad midpipe I assume that you mean a catless X. Does that change the exhaust tone through the stock mufflers. Thanks.

ViciousJay

Established Member
By an offroad midpipe I assume that you mean a catless X. Does that change the exhaust tone through the stock mufflers. Thanks.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0JkpKgAoMw"]YouTube - Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L GT Offroad X-Pipe[/nomedia]

not my cup of tea but to each is their own

grnenvy

Established Member
Hey Jared whats up. Thanks for the X pipe! Also thanks for getting it out today I got the fedex tracking number. Rick (Amazon) is doing the tune on my car I'm looking forward to it. Would like to see you guys do an H pipe for this car to! I called a couple muffler companys today. Would you believe that more then half of them told me a muffler change would make more pwr then and off road pipe! lol It's amazing what they will say just to sell a product.

Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey Jared whats up. Thanks for the X pipe! Also thanks for getting it out today I got the fedex tracking number. Rick (Amazon) is doing the tune on my car I'm looking forward to it. Would like to see you guys do an H pipe for this car to! I called a couple muffler companys today. Would you believe that more then half of them told me a muffler change would make more pwr then and off road pipe! lol It's amazing what they will say just to sell a product.

No problem bro. Thanks for the support. We've got an H in the works. Should have production pieces in about 3-4 weeks.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread