Whats the outcome?

ChromeCobra

Established Member
Alright, so Im sitting at a bar last night with some buddies and this guy comes in who is driving an orange Lamborghini Gallardo. He parks right next to me and gets into a convo with my buddy while Im inside...come to find the guy wants to run me for $1000 dollars in his C6 Z06 that he has at home. Mind you this guy is about 26 yrs old and says he is retired, so Im thinking this guy just tosses money around like its nothing. Im driving my cobra and he is telling me that he beats those things left and right and that basically he can't loss. So I figured I would try to knock him off his high horse with my car.

What do you guys think the outcome will be? Im pretty confident that I can drive my car past that z06. Is this worth puttin my money up for?

He also says he wants to run me in his Lambo...but I would gladly run him for money in that car.

REPCobra10

Established Member
With 616 hp and 587 lb-ft of twist, you should have this race in the bag for sure! Now as far as putting up $1000, I would say no it isn't worth it. I'll tell you why. You will have to be almost perfect with your shifting. I would hate to see you lose $1000 dollars to someone with a car you should beat hands down because you made a little mistake like missing a gear. Those C6 Z's trap low to mid 120's off the showroom floor. I'm sure your car is mid to high 120's, maybe even low 130's. It's just too close to call for $1000 because if you miss a gear he is going to fly by you like you are standing still and their goes $1000. Anyhow, good luck if you choose to race. Take it easy.

REPCobra10

Established Member
racebronco2 said:
the c6 could also miss a gear

You're absolutely right, he could miss one just as easily. I'm just saying $1000 is alot to put up for a silly race with some guy with too much money and too big an ego. After all, this guy who challenged him sounds like he has plenty of money laying around. I mean come on, he has a Gallardo and a C6 Z. I would be willing to bet he isn't a stock C6 Z. He probably has mods of some sort, like say a little spray. Anyways, take it easy.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
For him a $1000 is nothing, for most of us it is a fair bit of $. Since he is so confident and he usually wins he should willingly let you pay $250 while he bucks up the $1000. If he is such a big shot then there should be no problem with the odds. Just check his car out before you run.

ChromeCobra

Established Member
Yea, I told the guy that I wanted to see his car before we did anything if I was going to put up some money. But the guy hasnt called me since friday so I dont know if anything is happening.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
If he's so rich why does he need to race you for a $1,000 bucks. I'd race you for free if I were him.

26 and retired, he never got started to be retired. :bored: :rollseyes

Your Cobra is a formidable opponent, he should'nt underestimate it.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
If he's so rich why does he need to race you for a $1,000 bucks. I'd race you for free if I were him.

26 and retired, he never got started to be retired. :bored: :rollseyes

Your Cobra is a formidable opponent, he should'nt underestimate it.

yeah, Mach-ete is right. Ask him why he needs the money if he has so much $.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
People talk crap all the time. At work right after I bought my Cobra a guy at work who is at least 45 years old asked me if I wanted to race for pinks. He owned a convertable Jaguar with the same HP (flywheel anyway).

I said "are you for real, does your car weigh less than 4000 lbs", he didn't think it did and there is no way he did any mods to it. Then I said I will race you but not for Pinks - then he laughed. It was a BS bluff - likely the same crap the 26 yr. old Billionare is doing.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
SVTkel said:
People talk crap all the time. At work right after I bought my Cobra a guy at work who is at least 45 years old asked me if I wanted to race for pinks. He owned a convertable Jaguar with the same HP (flywheel anyway).

I said "are you for real, does your car weigh less than 4000 lbs", he didn't think it did and there is no way he did any mods to it. Then I said I will race you but not for Pinks - then he laughed. It was a BS bluff - likely the same crap the 26 yr. old Billionare is doing.

True dat! Same story here...some guy whose good "friend" owns a supposed big block (back yard redneck built) Camaro that talks smack all the time. Never ran it at the track... I told him I'd run him...he shot back only for $1000. I laughed and said said how about $50, he wont do it. I know some of you are thinking he might have something special but trust me...I know this guy and i'm sure its a big block but if he put it together, the Cobra will have no problem. The funny part is he thinks my Cobra only runs 15s...

ChromeCobra

Established Member
pony4pt6 said:
list your mods for the integra...I am just curious to what you have done..

Civic type R block
AEBS sleeves
8.0:1 Ross pistons
Crower billet rods
Integtra type R crank
CTR head (fully ported)
JG Edelbrock intake (extrude honed)
(8) 100lbs/hr injectors
67mm T4 turbo (old setup)
76mm T4 turbo (new setup)
34x14x3.5 intercooler
Accel DFI Gen7+
Cusco coilovers
Tilton twin disc clutch
DSS stg 5 axles
Quaife differential
10pt roll cage
57" wheelie bars
Simpson parachuate
Full leather interior (optional for street driving)
Innovative turbo MSBC-1 boost controller
etc etc

the old setup made 608 spinning the tires on the dyno with 26psi...hopefully the new setup will make close to 800whp and crack 150+mph traps, old setup went a best of 144mph.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
True dat! Same story here...some guy whose good "friend" owns a supposed big block (back yard redneck built) Camaro that talks smack all the time. Never ran it at the track... I told him I'd run him...he shot back only for $1000. I laughed and said said how about $50, he wont do it. I know some of you are thinking he might have something special but trust me...I know this guy and i'm sure its a big block but if he put it together, the Cobra will have no problem. The funny part is he thinks my Cobra only runs 15s...

I would be shocked if he did run you, because then the jig would be up. He stands to lose to much now if you do race and you beat him, especially after he shot his mouth off. Go check the car out and offer to race him for $100.

Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread