What's ur opinion ??

Powered by KB

Established Member
Hi guys ,,,

I'm going to buy a new car , but i'm at a loss

Which one is more better in the performance ?

Mustang shelby GT500 model 2011 with tune and pulley << around 600 hp

or

Mustang Gt model 2011 with turbo << 600 hp

or

Mustang Roush stage 3 << 540 hp

??

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
if money were no object I would def have a 2011 gt500. Just cool styling, name, and s/c already. But since im not ballin, i got a 2011 5.0 and will slowly make it into a gt500 crusher. LOL

mike5876

Established Member
i dont know about the 2011 gt500 but i had a 1046 hp 2007 gt500 and i like the 2011 gt way better...putting a Hellion turbo kit on it in the next few weeks then ill really love it!

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
call me crazy but I think if you are planning on doing some serious modding, the GT is the better platform. Why buy the Shelby if you are going to be building the motor, trans, different blower, built rear end, etc? you are paying a premium for that stuff when you are going to be ripping it apart and replacing it/rebuilding it anyways. why not start out with a cheaper, lighter platform?

If money were no object I'd buy a 5.0, F1R procharger, C4 auto trans, built motor and a built rear end. Or basically just buy Evolution Performances race car.... yum.

Powered by KB

Established Member
I'm from Saudia Arabia and here in KSA we don't have professional mechanices , so I want to buy a motor and install all the parts in the USA then bring it to KSA that's why I want the more workable one , you know all models new I don't want everyday go to the workshop to repair something especially in the supercharge or the turbo.

What's about the Roush models no one talked about it :)

ViciousJay

Established Member
GT with a shot of Nitrous, you can always put a bigger pill in for more power (cheap then changing pulleys) , just retard the timing afterwards to compensate for the additional use of spray

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I'm from Saudia Arabia and here in KSA we don't have professional mechanices , so I want to buy a motor and install all the parts in the USA then bring it to KSA that's why I want the more workable one , you know all models new I don't want everyday go to the workshop to repair something especially in the supercharge or the turbo.

If there aren't many mechanics in SA then stick with the GT500 as it will most likely be the most reliable. All will be stupid fast enough for those freshly paved roads in SA.

Powered by KB

Established Member
Guys now I'm at a loss because I would like to hear the whine or turbo sound $:

I don't want nitrous because i have to refill it from time to time

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

They are over priced IMHO.

What is the end usage for this car. Please describe how it will be used, in as much detail as possible.

YES IT MATTERS.

The most bullet proof engine is the GT500 they will take a very large power increase. They already have the supercharger, forged bottom end and respond easily and generously to simple pulley and tune changes.

The 2011 GT however has better heads and IMO better ultimate power potential if you can get someone to do a forged bottom end, CNC ported heads, light weight high rev capable valve train and cams. It will have to be reved to make up for the .4 liter less displacement than the GT500 5.4 but I believe it would make more power in the end if it was built correctly. See this thread-> http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...piston-i-beam-h-beam-rod-kits-700-1000hp.html

I believe I just described a BOSS 302 engine.:-D

Essentially I am saying a built motor 2011 5.0 with added forced induction(easy kits are available) is going to be the killer set up.

Out of the box it's the GT500 because it's all ready a forged bottom from the factory.

If you have time you could get a BOSS 302 and then you would have what I decsribed on the 2011 GT and would just need to add the forced induction of your choice.

Last edited: