Whats your mileage running?

hoodedsnake

Established Member
Just filled up again and got 19.4 on this last tank!!
I didn't baby it too much, it's too tempting for me to stay out of that sweet boost! I notice I get 1-2 mpg better with 93 octane vs. 91 or 92 octane anyone else note this?
Just wondering what you guys are seeing with yours?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by hoodedsnake
Just filled up again and got 19.4 on this last tank!!
I didn't baby it too much, it's too tempting for me to stay out of that sweet boost! I notice I get 1-2 mpg better with 93 octane vs. 91 or 92 octane anyone else note this?
Just wondering what you guys are seeing with yours?

Never checked, 4th car, stays in garage all week, drive 2-3 times a week at night. Nice stress reliever.

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
While i was breaking in the car, i received about 17.4MPG...now im down to 15.9 with some WOT blasts...

I did see about a 1-2 MPG increase when I went from 93 octane to 94...

46stang

Established Member
my best so far is 19.5mpg, mostly highway, normally around 16mpg. unfortunately the best octane we can get in CA is 91 :cuss:

StreetSnake

Established Member
Man I dont know what you guys are doing that are getting 19 mpg is that city or Hwy. I'm smiling when I get 13 mpg and I'm not into that much.:beer:

hoodedsnake

Established Member
T3 Cobra, Like you this is strictly a pleasure car, '89 Taurus day to day junker and '02 Ranger 4x4 for winter. But I still like to follow what I'm getting mileage wise. The numbers as listed were such a drop off from my '01 that I needed to check this cars mileage and like I thought it isn't nearly as bad as the EPA numbers would lead a person to believe.
To you others, thanks for the input, seems I'm right in the middle of the curve.

Topracer, where do you get your 94 octane from, highest pump octane I've found so far is 93. Are you mixing.

Streetsnake, are you running 93 octane, I saw a marked improvement over 91 octane when I switched.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Established Member
Damn folks!

1st tank: 16.5 mpg
Best tank (most recent mixed hwy and city): 20.2

And I pay marginal attention to the shift light

Users who are viewing this thread