What's your speedometer say when you past the 1/4-mile mark?

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
How is the trap speed measured at a 1/4-mile track? Is it measured right at the 1/4-mile mark? Or is it an average MPH of the last xxx feet? The reason I ask is because I usually hit 120 - 122 MPH right at the 1/4-mile mark, but when I get my slip it only shows that I got a trap speed of 116 MPH or so. Could it be that our speedo is off by 4 MPH at that speed? Or that different tracks have different methods of recording trap speed?

Next time your out at the tracks take note of your MPH when you cross the 1/4-mile mark and compare it with your actual slip.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
i dont know if it is off that much. but go to your digital read out, you know where the odometer usually is, and set it to mph. you will usually be going about 2 mph less then the speedo says. also keep your head forward at the end of the quarter.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by snakeluvr
i dont know if it is off that much. but go to your digital read out, you know where the odometer usually is, and set it to mph. you will usually be going about 2 mph less then the speedo says. also keep your head forward at the end of the quarter.

Yeah! I just found out about that hidden trick. I will have to try that next time.

116 MPH is alright for not power-shifting. I might have to learn how to powershift and see if I can tap the 120 MPH mark. My best MPH is 118 MPH so far... (no power shifting and F1 tires)

Users who are viewing this thread