Wheel Opinions

wile_coyote

Established Member
Hey friends, I am very analytical...so I need some of your opinions. I am set on the Forgestar F14s in gunmetal. But, I am torn between sizes.

1. 19x9 fronts 255/40/19 diameter 27"
19x10 rear 295/35/19 diameter 26.9"

2. Same wheel sizes and tire front
rear 275/40/19 diameter 27.6"

3. 20x9 front 255/35/20 diameter 27.01"
20x11 rear 295/35/20 diameter 28.11"

I am also torn on lowering kits...I am set FRPP but not sure about 1" or 2". I don't really want to disrupt drive-ability and I want best bang for my buck. 1.5" will required additional parts. Either lowering kit keeps the factory rake and that's my concern with a drastic difference in rear diameter.

A fellow member photo shopped this for me, thanks!:beer:
asdfjbou32hk.jpg

grnenvy

Established Member
I would go with your 3rd choice. The taller tire plus being widder will give u more traction. IMOP it looks better with 20s. I hate when cars have a shorter tire in the rear then the front it looks stupid and ricey.
For springs the Motorsport P spring is nice and so are the Steeda Sport springs. Don't lower the car more then 1.5 it's a pain in the ass plus it will bottom out and u will ruin the front valance. Plus jacking it up always requires additional work.
Good luck

Last edited:

dan_h

Established Member
I'd go with a variant of option 1...change back tire to 285/35-19 and then you'd have same exact staggered dimensions as the Boss 302 plus more tire choices (i think only 1 exist in 295 width). Plus, it would give you a little more sidewall than going w/20" rims (that's a good thing). Lastly, go with the Steeda Sport springs from Sam Strano...might as well get the Koni STR.Ts from him as well! :)

good luck!
dh

wile_coyote

Established Member
I'd go with a variant of option 1...change back tire to 285/35-19 and then you'd have same exact staggered dimensions as the Boss 302 plus more tire choices (i think only 1 exist in 295 width). Plus, it would give you a little more sidewall than going w/20" rims (that's a good thing). Lastly, go with the Steeda Sport springs from Sam Strano...might as well get the Koni STR.Ts from him as well! :)

good luck!
dh

Great catch...actually I was looking at the 285's and quoted 295s. There is only BFG's in that size.:read:

Users who are viewing this thread