wheel spin and trap speed

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
GTE said:
That is my point. If I am spinning, I am wasting accerlation then I shouldn't be going faster at point A.

Imagine two stock Cobra's. One cuts a 1.8 60' vs a 2.1 60' It seems to me that the running reaching the 60' mark in 1.8 is traveling at a higher rate of speed at the 60' mark. I would think that the higher rate of speed would carry the entire track.

Again, I'm not disagreeing because I know when I bog it off the line, I usually trap around 117-118 but when I hook I trap around 115-116. It's just weird, that's all.

Oh I agree, it's weird. I think we're both saying the same thing.

We need a study on this!

XtremeAceX

Established Member
GTE said:
That is my point. If I am spinning, I am wasting accerlation then I shouldn't be going faster at point A.

Imagine two stock Cobra's. One cuts a 1.8 60' vs a 2.1 60' It seems to me that the running reaching the 60' mark in 1.8 is traveling at a higher rate of speed at the 60' mark. I would think that the higher rate of speed would carry the entire track.

Again, I'm not disagreeing because I know when I bog it off the line, I usually trap around 117-118 but when I hook I trap around 115-116. It's just weird, that's all.

i get what your sayin..

like.. you have 2 cars.. the one that pulls the 1.8 60' is doing lets say.. 40mph in 1.8s (i dunno if this is even close.. but its just an example) and thats why he gets there first.. cause he got up to speed faster to cover the 60 feet faster

car 2.. pulls a 2.1 60'.. he must have been going a slower speed to have gotten to that point so much later.. because his tires are spinning, power and traction is being lost, so the car isnt getting as much force to push it forward. when its getting the push forward, i would think it would gain speed alot faster then one that is only getting half of the push due to loss of half his traction.

Users who are viewing this thread