Wheelhop

smilinjack

Established Member
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced wheelhop on my Gen 1 (95). Street tires, 100 shot of juice, pretty good bite at the track and there is no way to get any DECENT 60' times!!! Is it simply a suspension issue or is it more complicated than that? Every thing is stock except a cold air intake ( I hate calling it that because it still draws air from under the hood) and the NOS. Oh yeah, and do your motors rev quick or do they hesitate when goosed? Seems to me these Windsors should be a bit more responsive than that. I know I'm spoiled by my Gen 2 but still............
Thanks, Jack

95 thunder

Established Member
most guys that have similiar problem(wheelhop/traction) run rancho's ....they help alot from what i gather and most love them....and the hesitation issue...you are for sure not the first person that complained that on these motors....could be alot of variables but again i have heard it and seen it....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/search.php?searchid=142224

Last edited:

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
i don't think they make the ranchos anymore for our trucks. I'd say go to Mark at LFP, he's a cool guy, and I believe his bars are a bit thicker than the ranchos, although I think I read recently over on the nloc that the bolts or something weren't staying in. Can't quite remember exactly.

93 COBRA

Established Member
Wheel hop + stock rear end internals = boom!

I split the factory traction lock differential in half on the 1-2 shift while spray'n my old '95L.

Users who are viewing this thread