Where can I buy E98 in DFW?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I need some E98 for mixing, but I can't seem to find anyone local that has it. I tried J2Fast, but I can't get in touch with them. I don't know if they're out of business or what. I'd like to buy 20 gallons or less if possible.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I found a local place that you can buy it in small quantities for about $10 a gallon. Perfect for the guys that only need 5 or 10 every once in a while. I was asked not to post it publicly because it's technically theirs for shop use, so they don't want to sell a ton of what they have. Shoot me a PM if you need to pick up some, I'll give you their number.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If I needed it that bad I would just drive to OKC and go to RS Fuels.

Why do you want E98?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I was only getting E75 at the pump, and AED wanted to tune on true E85 so that the fuel trims should be able to handle anything from E70-E98 on the same tune. I'm not a tuner, that's just what he said.

This place is only 30 minutes away from me, so since I only needed 5 gallons for mixing, it makes a lot more sense than driving to OKC. It's not the answer for everyone, I'm just putting it out there.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I was only getting E75 at the pump, and AED wanted to tune on true E85 so that the fuel trims should be able to handle anything from E70-E98 on the same tune. I'm not a tuner, that's just what he said.

This place is only 30 minutes away from me, so since I only needed 5 gallons for mixing, it makes a lot more sense than driving to OKC. It's not the answer for everyone, I'm just putting it out there.

Let me put this out there:

Drop the california tuner shop and just let the real ethanol guru right there in your own home town do your tuning. No more mail order, no more ridiculous mixing suggestions. E75 will work just fine.

04sleeper is one of the best ethanol/ford tuners on the planet and he's local to you. Give him a shot. You will not be disappointed in drivability, power production or track results.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I was already working with Shaun before E85. I'm well aware that 04sleeper is the man when it comes to ethanol tuning and info, but I've been very happy with the results I've gotten with Shaun. I really don't want to switch.

If anything ever changes in that department, I've already talked with sleeper about making a trip to see him.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I was already working with Shaun before E85. I'm well aware that 04sleeper is the man when it comes to ethanol tuning and info, but I've been very happy with the results I've gotten with Shaun. I really don't want to switch.

If anything ever changes in that department, I've already talked with sleeper about making a trip to see him.

Ok, I see. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that option. I hate to see you running around looking for expensive fuel to mix...how many different stations in DFW did you test at E75? Maybe Kevin knows of a station testing closer to 85% for future reference once you get the tuned squared away.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I only needed 5 gallons of E98 so I could make about 10 gallons of E85. Anything I get from the pump will be fine after the tune is finished. I only have one station within an hour of me, so rather than driving all over and testing for 85%, I figured I'd just take the guesswork out of it for a few bucks extra.

Kroger stations around here with E85 usually test out at 85% year round according to Kevin.

Users who are viewing this thread