Where can I get a smaller upper for the Whipple???????

tickingcobra

Banned
Where can I get a smaller upper for the Whipple??????? I want to push 17 - 18 psi..... I am running a 2lb lower and a stock upper 3.5"???

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
tickingcobra said:
Where can I get a smaller upper for the Whipple??????? I want to push 17 - 18 psi..... I am running a 2lb lower and a stock upper 3.5"???

How about from Whipple themselves, geez that was an easy one..... :rollseyes

tickingcobra

Banned
sambandit said:
LOL, had the Whipple on for a day and you already need more boost!?!?!
lol.... :lol1: Yeah I got a custom dyno tune set-up for Tuesday Morning so I might as well go ahead and make sure I will be at 550 to 575 rwhp....

Do you think I will be at 550 or so with just 15 psi??? If so I'm not worried about it..

JerseySVT

Established Member
tickingcobra said:
Do you think I will be at 550 or so with just 15 psi??? If so I'm not worried about it..

I made 554 STD (abt 540 SAE) @ 13 psi. You should have no problem making 550 w/ 15 psi. Its up to you but i'd get the smaller pulley. You should make 590 - 600 sae with the 3.25 upper and 2 lb lower. Depending on your other mods, maybe more, maybe less.

:beer:

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
I have RR whipple pulleys in stock..how small are you looking for?

Go with the RR Non slip....it builds boost faster that the stock style whipple pulley....Amazon is a direct dealer for RR products.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
LG2004Redfire said:
Go with the RR Non slip....it builds boost faster that the stock style whipple pulley....Amazon is a direct dealer for RR products.

And how does it build boost faster than a pulley from whipple direct ? :shrug:

JP

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
tickingcobra said:
lol.... :lol1: Yeah I got a custom dyno tune set-up for Tuesday Morning so I might as well go ahead and make sure I will be at 550 to 575 rwhp....

Definately - and then some. I made 560ish at 15lbs - still have the factory h pipe too!

peace

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
JP said:
And how does it build boost faster than a pulley from whipple direct ? :shrug:

JP

it is an patented ultra gripping pulley with features designed for minimal belt slip..we have dyno tuned many Whipple cars and the ones with the RR pulleys build boost faster than a pulley with no RR features.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
it is an patented ultra gripping pulley with features designed for minimal belt slip..we have dyno tuned many Whipple cars and the ones with the RR pulleys build boost faster than a pulley with no RR features.

So it doesn't build boost faster, But allows less belt slip.
So lets just say that the RR design in which RR and Billetflow pulleys use increases the drive performance.
But if belt slip wasn't an issue or you switched to the new BILLETFLOW IDLER BRACKET which gives you even more belt rap the performance of two different manufactured pulleys of the same size. There would be no difference in which the level of boost is obtained.

Belt slip is what we are talking about in this case.
Thank god for people like RR and BILLETFLOW which adress this problem and have a working pulley system to combat belt slip.

JP :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread