Where does everyone get thier oil changed?

Seppi088

Banned
Hey,

I just moved to the Tampa area near clearwater, and I am faced with a dilema. I have always changed my oil myself and never let anybody monkey with my car that I dont know. However since I just moved here I dont know anybody, So I have no idea where to go? The reason why I cant change it myself is becuase where I live they dont allow you to do any maintence on your car, only washing and waxing is allowed. So I guess I have no choice but to take it somewhere, So where would you all reccomend?

Ironhand

Banned
That's BS, If someone told me I had to take my car to have the oil changed in it and I cant do it myself then I would make them pay for the labor to have it changed. They should allow you to maintain your car, or else they dont get paid because your car is how you get to and from work. But to answer your question, take it to a very repsectable Ford dealership and birddog them while they work on your car.

smlblok302

Established Member
go to the autoparts store.bring your drain pan change the oil in the parking lot.dump the waste oil when your done.

FlTireGuy

Established Member
Too bad that you arent in North Tampa.. I could help you out with that at my shop... But, if you want to take a short drive on a Sat or Sun.. (I'm 25 min from I-Plaza area)PM me... I'll make sure it is well taken care of, and you can hang out in the bays while it is worked on
-Rob

Last edited:

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
change it at your work parking lot after hours, of while you wash your car you could change it. If anyone bitches, just tell them you're washing the engine down. I don't think anyone will pitch a bitch if you just change your oil, just do it quickly & quitely

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I would do it my self . Do you have a garage to do it in so they cant see you. You should take it to Rob's shop . I think we still have a floor jack at my work shop around brandon area if you wanted to drive out there. Good luck

thubigdawg

GO CANES!!!
Established Member
Ironhand said:
That's BS, If someone told me I had to take my car to have the oil changed in it and I cant do it myself then I would make them pay for the labor to have it changed. They should allow you to maintain your car, or else they dont get paid because your car is how you get to and from work. But to answer your question, take it to a very repsectable Ford dealership and birddog them while they work on your car.

I agree with this. Do it at home if that makes you feel more comfortable. That's just unheard of. :bs:

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
use some floor lights and change it at night. that is what i used to do when i was living in the dorms at UCF. anything from an oil change to a system install in the middle of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread