Which auto is best?

filthymcnasty

Established Member
download_zpsj1pnngxo.gif

Last edited:

lilmarauder

Established Member
Op if your still interested in hearing, I faced the same decision. I chose the th400. It really is used in all kinds of applications. Parts are easy, and more affordable. Yes overall it is a stronger trans, it is simpler to use/install just because the lack of switches for od/lockup which isn't a big deal to install anyway.

I am going to run 3:08 gears with a 28" tire. About a 3500-3700 stall. I do 98% street driving. no worries cruising it around town, or out to the fun spot. It's about 45 mins away. Don't be too worried about cruising it at 70 instead of 90 with the t56. Turbo cars love to be loaded up also. The th400 kind of helps with that.

Unlike some, im not a purist. I don't care what trans it has in it as long as it is best for what I'm doing with the car. And my car is a mint 25k mile car.

Chris

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Calls me dumb, but cannot even spell dumb, with or you're just to name a few. I am done replying to you until you can form a sentence and stop talking like you are texting.

I can't stand when people say "whit / wit," instead of WITH. It's not a difficult word to spell out. If you're going to say "whit," at least spell it correctly, you're already typing four letters..

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
You guys realize that English might not be his first language. His profile says he is from Quebec, and French is the primary language spoken there. No excuse for the name calling by him though.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
You guys realize that English might not be his first language. His profile says he is from Quebec, and French is the primary language spoken there. No excuse for the name calling by him though.

Exactly, being a rude dick removes my patience with someone lol. Also, it's fairly well known that many people say wit instead of with, my assumption is that he is one of those people. I'm sure his disrespectful nature didn't help in formulating my opinion.

ctgreddy

Established Member
With that kind of power(1200) I'd just go right to a glide. Be just as street friendly as a th400 but lots of benefits. Lighter, stronger, cheaper, more reliable.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
With that kind of power(1200) I'd just go right to a glide. Be just as street friendly as a th400 but lots of benefits. Lighter, stronger, cheaper, more reliable.

High and low does not mean as street friendly. They aren't much stronger if at all unless seriously built and then they approach some serious coin. They are lighter and they are incredibly boring to drive lol.

03TTMO

Established Member
As far as my car is concerned I would say that this is primarily a street car with occasional trips to the track. Not a daily driver just a weekend cruiser. Will go to the track a little more often after an auto is put in. Oh and can't we all just get along lmao!!

Arrickh

Established Member
My buddy Steve Shrader may be able to help you get a 6r80 in it if you want that. He uses one for his racecar its a blow nitrous 2v.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Go TH400 for reliability. Also, when having it built, I would recommend going with a Griner Vb. This vb will give you the option of leaving off the transbrake in either 1st or 2nd. (1st gear ratio sucks). Also another warning, when track racing and you're doing a burnout do not let the tires catch in 2nd gear bc you will roll the sprag.

Users who are viewing this thread