Which Clutch Cable Should I Get?

nuxx

Established Member
Well it seems like my clutch cable getting pretty bad now. The adjustment trick no longer works and there is a dead area in the cable when trying to adjust it.

So I guess I need a new cable. Do I have to buy the whole cable, quadrant, firewall adjuster, or just the cable?

I saw in a previous post that Steeda made a Cable just for the 03, but could not find it on their site. :shrug:

I had the full Steeda kit in my 96 and 01, but don't know if I need all 3 pieces.

Any info on what I need, what worked well for you, etc... would be great.

Thanks a lot,
-Peter :burnout:

Pulley Pat

Established Member
I recommend all three. It is easier to shift and feels much better. You don't get the feeling that the clutch feels soft after some hard shifting. Just my 2 cents

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
i just got my UPR 3-hook quadrant, extreme firewall adjuster, and heavy-duty clutch cable in last week. installed all 3 and the clutch pedal was EXTREMELY stiff. about 5x stiffer than stock.

went back to the stock cable and it lightened up A LOT. it's now about 5x lighter than stock.

i would HIGHLY recommend doing the 3-hook quadrant and firewall adjuster, but stick with the stock cable. i made a post about this about a week ago and had 4 replies from people who said the UPR cable broke on them.

hope this helps.

EDIT: here's a link to my thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71729&highlight=UPR

Last edited:

2K3BRA

Established Member
USE THE STOCK CABLE. Aftermarket tends to snap. Stock cables are VERY strong.

Get the quadrant and adjuster and use the ford cable. :D

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by 2K3BRA
USE THE STOCK CABLE. Aftermarket tends to snap. Stock cables are VERY strong.

Get the quadrant and adjuster and use the ford cable. :D

You don't think the stock cable is damaged at all since it's not smooth anymore?
-Peter

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I think what he meant was if you are going to replace the cable, replace it with a stock one. They are as good if not better than any aftermarket cables.

Dana

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
The UPR cable is terrible, it is VERY stiff and you can't get a true feel of where the clutch grabs anymore. I got the Steeda cable and quadrant, hopefully its better, I haven't installed it on my car as of yet.

9900blueoval

Established Member
just installed double hook red steeda qaud. and firewall adjuster feels great w/stockcable!You will feel alot more confident in your shifts too. whats up Don cobra camaro action tonight time to put on the pokerface

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Hey Dan, I heard about the Camaro,taked to him tonight, the dude works for UPS......that's a 10.5x car with a 100 shot. It was an 87 Camaro, looked like crap right? Don't mess with that dude, or get him to spot you out a few cars!!!!

I may use my Diablo for the Horsepower By Hermann KB tune....but all my other stuff is still here if ya need it.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
yea, hew works at my building...when I see him again, I will get more info....seems knowledgable, really into the Tom's River scene....thinks Cobra's are dyno queens though.....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread