Which direction to install Magnaflows?

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Does it matter which direction the Magnaflow mufflers are installed? I just have the mufflers, without pipes, so I'm not sure which direction they need to be installed in. Any info would be appreciated.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Let me clarify a bit. Yes, I know they're the same from side to side. But what about the direction of flow through the muffler? There's nothing immediately obvious which identifies which is the front or back of the mufflers.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
If there is nothing on the muffler or on the install paperwork it doesn't matter.

Just by knowing that the mags are a glass pack style straight through muffler, I am going to guess it wouldn't matter unless there is some sort of mounting bracketry that makes them 1-way.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by soniccobra 03
They are a straight thru design. It does not matter.............enjoy.

Exactly. It doesnt matter. If it were a flowmaster it would since its chambered. Flowmasters are marked. Goodluck

Dave

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Just a thought, if they have the word MagnaFlow stamped on them make sure you can read it the right way (left to right). You know just in case you have to run over some pesky ricer you need to make sure he knows how you are making that sweet sound.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
Just a thought, if they have the word MagnaFlow stamped on them make sure you can read it the right way (left to right). You know just in case you have to run over some pesky ricer you need to make sure he knows how you are making that sweet sound.

I like that! Thanks for the advice ;-)

Just picked up a Magnaflow X-pipe as well, can't wait to see how this thing sounds! I bet it will sound even sweeter when I finally get around to throwing on the Heaton and put out 450+hp!!!

Users who are viewing this thread