which lowering springs?

lifter213

Established Member
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has put springs on there car yet or if you intend to which one's do you like? On my 2K GT i have now i have the Eibach Pro-kit but not sure about the IRS of the cobra and which springs work well with that etc. Anyone have any suggestions?

mineral03

Established Member
Im am actually really happy with how my 03 handles, so i dont htink im going to do a spring swap. Id like to drop the back to match the front, so ill prolly just end up removing 1/2 a coil or so from the rear. The cars already have 600 lb springs ( at least for the coupes), so i dont want to change the spring rate very much.

MS KWIK

Established Member
Kevin, your car looks fantastic! Makes me wish I would have ordered Mineral Grey instead of black :whine: I was thinking about the H&R springs, I put them on the '92 and the ride/handling was pretty decent.

Do you have any sound files of the Bassani exhaust? That's on my list of things to do once I find a job....... I have to worry about making the first payment on this car at the moment :(

Shelley
'03 Cobra coupe

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Hey Shelley,

you crack me up. Your always finding a way to get a hot new car along with the job challenge too.

No sound files at the moment.

fangstang

Established Member
Dont you guys think its low enough? Dont you think it handles good enough stock? Personaly, I wouldnt touch it

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I too, am considering replacing the factory springs. I don't like the ride height. I wish it was a little lower like my Saleen. The handling is great, I just wish the car sat a little lower.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey MS KWIK, you must be on disability to afford the '03 without a job. For info, what is your payment and have you had any of the problems discussed on the forum?, pulling to the right, vibrations etc.?

lifter213

Established Member
Thanks for the responces guys! On other forums I've noticed alot of the 99+ Cobra's are running the H&R springs as mentioned above. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

MS KWIK

Established Member
Hehe, I'm doing misc. consulting work (computer stuff) until I find a permanent, full time job. Luckily it's enough to pay the rent and the car, I'm not losing this car, I love it!

In fact, tonight on the way home from the dealer (after they replaced the switch in the clutch pedal for the starting problem) I noticed the car pulling to the right :( I'll just wait until the springs are installed, because the car will need an alignment after that anyway. I don't feel like going back to the dealer again right now :cuss:

Shelley

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Are you MS KWIK with the 99 -S351 Saleen? in black? just curious, because i seen your SN along time ago, and that SN was a lady that had that particular vehicle!

MS KWIK

Established Member
Yep, that's me, LOL. I had to sell the S351 earlier this year, I couldn't afford to make the payments on it any longer :( I think the '03 Cobra is just as awesome, even though it's not as flashy as the Saleen. At least it comes with a better warranty :)

One day I would LOVE to own a '96 Mystic Cobra and a '93 black Cobra :)

Shelley

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread