Which TOB retainer sleeve is this?

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I pulled my trans to replace the TOB, Retainer, Pilot, and inspect everything else. This one is not original, it was replaced in the past by the PO requesting an upgrade to the shop doing the work. It has about 10k miles on it.

So, does this look like the D&D one? I don't think it is a stock one.

3847940-l-0.jpg

3847941-l-0.jpg

3847942-l-0.jpg

Here is the TOB. They definitely didn't upgrade that one.

3847939-l-0.jpg

Ironhand

Banned
I wanna say its the stock one but it almost looks thicker then a stock one on my phone. But with a 10 spine input shaft id lean towards stock. Can you mic out the thickness to confirm?

stal94gt

Established Member
that looks stock to me, my tob sleave has grooves around it from machining it out. now over time they will smooth out where the tob moved over it but there will still be sections where it did not come in contact and you would still see the grooves

Last edited:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Hey Gary, I pulled mine yesterday as you can tell. Family stuff today so I can't come over. How far did you get and how is it going? My pilot bearing is all jacked up, I was hoping to not pull the clutch as it was upgraded 10k miles ago by the PO to Kevlar.

gargstang

Established Member
I'm all done. Other than pressing in the pins on the Fidanza flywheel it went smooth. Swapping that input and sleeve are a piece of cake. Let me know if you need help.

Users who are viewing this thread