Which Water to go with, Evans Vs. Meziere

USMCracing

Established Member
Which Water Pump to go with, Evans Vs. Meziere

I need a new water pump and I'm trying to decide on which pump is best. The Evans pump cost $169 and works good Vs. the Meziere pump which cost around $350 with the relay kit. I know what MM&FF said about the Meziere giving a total gain of 13.1 rwhp on a GT but I've also heard about guys only getting 4 rwhp on their Cobra's. The big thing here is which best pump for the Dollars? $350 for 4rwhp isn't worth it but I do want a better flowing pump to get the temps as much as I can. I've heard that the Evans pump and water wetter(or Evans NPG stuff, which is $25 a gal.) cool the Cobra down really good in the hot Az sun. Thanks for the help. :beer:

Last edited:

96CynRnr

Established Member
Wish I had something to tell you in regards but I am really interested in the response, I just had head work done on my 96 and it's made the temps much hotter ... so I am going to have to replace the radiator and figured since I was already that far in a new water pump was a good idea. Let's hope we can get some responses. /darin

USMCracing

Established Member
I think I'm going to jsut get the Evans pump. There is a few guys on Corralnet that is running both pumps and they say that both pumps cool your car down really good. The price it the only thing keeping from the Meziere.

Cobro

Banned
Another option:

Read in MM&FF October issue page 18 titled KEEP COOL....that Ford redesigned impellers to flow 30% less reduction in parasitic drag than previous water pumps, with no flow degradation; in fact, on the top end, it works better and doesn't cavitiate......... starting with the late 99 Cobra

The 99 will fit 96-98

Last edited:

Cobro

Banned
The Cooling upgrade is Article 96-25-12
The Cobra series kit is KIT-F6ZZ-8005-JA
If the upgrade has been done the radiator should have part# F7ZH-8005-BC
A/C Condenser F7ZH-19710-BC
Thermostat and hose assembly F7Z8A586-AB….These are just a few of the
Parts.
They basicly changed over to the 97 Cobra setup. Larger rad etc.

If not still covered under warranty the dealer will charge you over $900.00
The best thing you can do to resolve the problem is get a steeda or griffin Radiator or 97 radiator. And you MUST get a 97 Larger A/C Condenser, The 96 condenser design does not allow enough air flow, one of the main problems!!

N
O= 200
R
M= 210
A= 220
L= 230

Low speed fan on @ 208 back off @ 200

High speed fan on @ 228 off @ 224

After engine has cooled down-remove the coolant reservoir pressure cap- remove coolant from either drain **** or thermo housing location between to large hose under car- Just drain enough so that plastic reservoir is empty- closed your source.
(If you just want to get the air outJ
Now take plug out of outlet tube fill neck—the black pipe that goes around alt.-put some rages underneath pipe for over flow reasons- get a funnel and start pouring in mixture till the plastic reservoir bottle becomes full-Reinstall the coolant tube fill plug- close everything up- Select max heater and fan speed setting –max ac- position position control to discharge air at a/c vent- start engine, feel for hot air at a/c vents- Run engine to normal operating temp- Shut off engine and allow to cool down-recheck the coolant level-fill reservoir to the cold-full level-Than recheck level after one or two occasions of car use-That should do it.

If you want less mineral deposits (which are caused by regular tap water) cycle a few times with just Distilled water, than drain add 60% distilled water 40% coolant and 1 bottle water wetter.

USMCracing

Established Member
Cobro, I'm not having cooling trouble, I already got a Fluidyne Rad. (first mod). My water pump is leaking and I want to replace it with a better flowing pump. The cooler I can my car to run the better, not saying that it runs hot now. I'm stationed in Yuma Az and its hot as hell here. On a Normal drive in 110*+/- my temp needle stays on the R-M. IN town driving its around the M-A.
Thanks for you help, I'll need is a water pump that doesn't LEAK. Thanks

Cobro

Banned
Originally posted by 96CynRnr
Wish I had something to tell you in regards but I am really interested in the response, I just had head work done on my 96 and it's made the temps much hotter ... so I am going to have to replace the radiator and figured since I was already that far in a new water pump was a good idea. Let's hope we can get some responses. /darin

You might have air in the system and trapped air pockets will cause you to run hotter.

To get the air out:

After engine has cooled down-remove the coolant reservoir pressure cap- remove coolant from either drain **** or thermo housing location between to large hose under car- Just drain enough so that plastic reservoir is empty- closed your source. Now take plug out of outlet tube fill neck—the black pipe that goes around alt.-put some rags underneath pipe for over flow reasons- get a funnel and start pouring in mixture till the plastic reservoir bottle becomes full-Reinstall the coolant tube fill plug- close everything up- Select max heater and fan speed setting –max ac- position position control to discharge air at a/c vent- start engine, feel for hot air at a/c vents- Run engine to normal operating temp- Shut off engine and allow to cool down-recheck the coolant level-fill reservoir to the cold-full level-Than recheck level after one or two occasions of car use-That should do it.

Cobro

Banned
Originally posted by USMCracing
Cobro, I'm not having cooling trouble, I already got a Fluidyne Rad. (first mod). My water pump is leaking and I want to replace it with a better flowing pump. The cooler I can my car to run the better, not saying that it runs hot now. I'm stationed in Yuma Az and its hot as hell here. On a Normal drive in 110*+/- my temp needle stays on the R-M. IN town driving its around the M-A.
Thanks for you help, I'll need is a water pump that doesn't LEAK. Thanks

Check this thread out http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356870

for 86 dollars i would give the late 99/2001 water pump a try

Last edited:

USMCracing

Established Member
Thanks, I've read the post on Corralnet before. Checkers doesn't have the 99 or 01 Cobra pump in their system. I'm just going to go to Ford and get a really Ford part. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread