Whipple is a commin..

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Trying not to copy mike I figured that I had to say away from the kenny bell. Within the next 3 weeks or so the whipple should be installed. I am going back and forth between JDM and Amazon right now. I am going to have them do the install, the tune, everything. I am tried of working on cars, would actually rather pay for it. Anyway I will probably have a South Flordia Pully HQ hub along with 3.4, 3.2, and a never used non-slip 2.93 pullies for sale along with a Predator. Anyone interested......

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
Isnt Amazon a little far to go and JDM also? Like 6+ hours away. There is nowhere around here that you could find to install the Whipple? Where did Mike have his KB installed? One last question. Why the Whipple and not a Procharger? I have one or two procharger videos and have seen/heard about lots of good numbers on them. They seem to be nice and I love the sound/setup even though people say not as much down low torque as the KB. Hope everything goes well keep us informed take it easy.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Jeff,

I wouldn't give a rats ass if you got a KB. Do whatever you want.

Why don't you keep the predator and get a custom tune like me. I think Amazon is a diablo dealer.

01BlownSVT,
I did the install myself along with a fellow board member.

I like the roots blowers myself. I think the aluminum intakes are ugly as hell and pricy. More low end torque = more fun.

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
I dont think its ugly. yeah the KB has a nice look and everything but the procharger is cheap, not pricy. $3175 with computer flash tune or $4010 for the whole kit Apten sells which includes chip/55lbs/pumps/adapters. I think its a sweet deal I dunno I want to see a race from a stop then a couple from rolls and then I will decide what I like better but right now I just love how the procharger sounds at idle and when taking off. I actually like the polished apten eaton look better than the polished KB but the KB would kill it obviously anyday.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
It's still kind of up in the air. I definetly don't like anything about the procharger, the sound, the look, nothing. I really want to go through JDM but they are unsure when they will be a whipple dealer so I might go with the kenny bell from them. Amazon says they will be ready within three weeks for me. I don't have the talent or patients to do the install myself. JDM is about a 3 1/2 hour drive and Amazon is a little more than 5 hours. Also I'm only looking to run between 13-15psi. keeping it mild for now.

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
I guess everyone has their own thoughts about whipple/kb/procharger. I think KB is really nice but the cheapest I have ever found one for was for like $3750 or add $500 polished. Amazon Racing is saying there are going to carry the Whipple for $3100 or $3700 polished. Sounds like a better deal to me you can do a lot with the $600 you would save going with a Whipple. I think its too early to tell what is the "best" supercharger. The pro+whip have only been out a couple months. I think they all have their pros and cons we all just have to decide what one will suit our driving and needs best. I have always liked the KB but the Procharger has my interest. Heck I will buy all 3 and 3 different cobras to run them on. lol right. We will just have to keep up with the trash talk in the terminator forum about this topic I guess lol.

Oh and JDM is four and a half hours away from me so thats kind of stretching it. Good luck with whatever you do though its gonna be sick either way

Last edited:

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86386

I remember reading the same thing about the 1st procharger Cobra blowing up but nothing ever came of it at least from what I heard but I dont really know. When the search option is back on I will look again. I dont get at all why people buy or put a down payment on something that has never been tested before or used on the street for months ahead of time. You even said that you are waiting for AR to carry Whipples but why we know nothing about them really. We do just from some dynos and stuff over the past couple weeks that Kosher has posted but nothing detailed like we do about Kenne Bells and what they do along with HP/TRQ like heat and things like that. I dunno whatever I dont want to get on your bad side or anybody elses it just makes me wonder why a company would take payment towards something if they dont even know how it works because I have read that people are already putting down payments on the Whipples just to be the first ones to get it but why? that means nothing in the long run. W/e take it easy once again hope that stuff gets cleared up so that you can make your decision easier

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
I can tell you guys first hand how the Pro-charger is...i had the second one produced...i'm in this months MM&FF.....I had the blower for 3 months on my car...it's still in the R&D stages and i too believe it needs more testing before they seel it to compete with the ported eatons KB's and whipples....every setup is good for something..me myself.....i have a ported eaton and a KB on the way....i am a street guy not a track guy....the only thing the pro-charger was good for was 15 min of fame....i couldn't keep driving to and from NJ to keep leaving the car..i would be dying right now if my car was sitting in the bay getting wrenched on.

As far as a KB VS Pro-Charger race...i can set it up come the beginning of may when my car is KB modified and My buddy Dave has the F1 all tuned on his car...I gave him my old setup to finish the R&Ding with Larocca's...so all in all i am MUCH happier with the roots again..but to each his own.MY .05

Jay

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I agree I'm going with the kenne bell or whipple, which ever JDM gets it's hands on. The procharger numbers in MM&FF are impressive though.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I agree I'm going with the kenne bell or whipple, which ever JDM gets it's hands on. The procharger numbers in MM&FF are impressive though.

I think what you should ask yourself is how much power do I really need? and where am I going to use it. 500 hp on a street car is plenty....which is no problem with a KB or whipple. If I was going to full on race I think a centrifical would be the way to go.

I myself would stay with a roots more fun on the street.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
The Whipple has landed.....

...and it's in my garage.

MJ

MyWhipple001.jpg

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
If I could change the title to Kenne Bell is commin I would. The Whipple doesn't look like it's gonna be in my future. Oh yeah thanks for rubbing it in:)

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I want to see Mark and Mike race!
Whipple & nitrious vs Kenne Bell ... awesome!
Can someone bring a video camera?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by KenCobra03
I want to see Mark and Mike race!
Whipple & nitrious vs Kenne Bell ... awesome!
Can someone bring a video camera?

If you want to drive out to Lebanon Valley (NY) on a Friday for a SVTOA drag day you can.

Users who are viewing this thread