Whipple rebuild a DIY job?

rich017

Established Member
Late model Gen1 2.3 W140 Whipple. Direct drive, not extended snout. Have any of you done a rebuild yourself? Mine is not making noise, but has 100K+ on it and I want to keep it reliable. Curious if this is a DIY capable job or something that needs odd knowledge and tools to complete.

I do have a press if that is needed. But nothing else if I need to machine things to press and pull parts.

rich017

Established Member
I'd send it back to Whipple.
That or Jon Bond if I have to. I’m pretty handy so figured I would save the $800 and do it myself if it’s even possible. Kits are around $400 to rebuild yourself. Just can’t find any info, only people asking about it previously and no solid answers

Bullitt1448

Established Member
The trick is follow the instructions, have the tools and be at least competent mechanically. No one cares more about your car than you do.

But nothing wrong with sending it out either.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
th

This is the rebuild kit from Jegs.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Ladies and Gentlemen... The blower no longer turns lmao

But in all seriousness, just get it rebuilt by Whipple themselves or somewhere that knows what they're doing. I wouldn't risk doing something incorrectly and then you've got a $6k paperweight instead of spending around 2-3k for a proper rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread