white film inside injectors??

rfiresnake

Established Member
I'm running the lethal triple pump system with Bosch 105 lb injectors and when I recently tore down my blower assembly (swapping 2.2 for whipple 2.9) I noticed if you look inside the injector you notice a white film. Is this normal? I was thinking its just reaction from the e85 drying... I also noticed a couple white specs (sand sized). I'll try to get pics when I get home but I figure someone might know what I'm dealing with

rfiresnake

Established Member
From doing research it seems I may be dealing with oxidation or corrosion.. the 105s have
An aluminum body and I'm not sure if they have a protective coating or not. I'm gonna be pissed if
I bought these for use in a e85 system and the aren't made for it. If this is fact corrosion my biggest fear is an injector becoming clogged

rfiresnake

Established Member
541815_10150996311318670_648663174_n.jpg

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm running the lethal triple pump system with Bosch 105 lb injectors and when I recently tore down my blower assembly (swapping 2.2 for whipple 2.9) I noticed if you look inside the injector you notice a white film. Is this normal? I was thinking its just reaction from the e85 drying... I also noticed a couple white specs (sand sized). I'll try to get pics when I get home but I figure someone might know what I'm dealing with

At least from my personal experience I've seen where E85 leaves a white residue like you're seeing on your fuel components. I noticed it a while back on our 2010 gt500 after we converted it to E85 and I've seen the same build up on my 03 cobra pump assembly after sitting for a while.

I think I have some pics somewhere that I'll post up once I dig them up.

Otherwise I wouldnt be too concerned. Those injectors are definitely compatible with E85 and work excellent.

Jared

rfiresnake

Established Member
The car sat for 2 weeks before i disassembled the blower . I'm thinking it could be a result from drying since the system doesnt hold pressure over time when sitting(triple pump fore system). I was just gonna get some gas and clean the inside with a qtip. Do you think i should get a flow test done jared? Also i just ordered my 2.9 from you guys and im still running stock exhaust .. Do you think i should go with the 1 3/4 kook headers or the 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8th? I've heard the stepped 1 7/8th headers that i'll have to swap my steering shaft as well. I'm also gonna need to find a 3 inch catback for a sra since i'm about to swap out my irs.

Users who are viewing this thread