who has daves exhaust?

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
which one and how does it sound from inside the truck? i am looking at getting his xcelerator setup with cats, long tubes, 1 5/8. i know he does really good work, i was just wanting some input from people that have it.thx-chris

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I do, but not the xcelerator, which is supposed to be his loudest. I have the 1 3/4 ceramic coated headers with the 22" (I think) magnaflow mufflers, and no cats. It sounds great, not very loud at all until you step on it. Quality and craftsmanship are excellent, and he's a really cool guy too.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
yeah, i really impressed with him over the phone. even though i could tell he was busy, he took time to answer all of my dumb ass questions and explain everything to me. how is the ceramic coating holding up? and how good does the frame notch look? he said it should look better than the factory notch. this is what has me worried the most. once you cut the frame-there's no going back.

SVT Scott

Established Member
Chris bring it on by the shop Ill cut your frame!! :D Im asuming its a full exhaust who's going to install it?

Oh BTW are you coming out to the NMRA event at KCIR?

Scott

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Ceramic Coating still looks brand new, but the exhaust is only 6 months or so old. Frame notch was the scariest part for me also, but really it's not all that bad. Just get a sawzall and a pack of new blades, shouldn't take very long or be very hard... that being said I was too scared to do it, so I watched my buddy cut it... :)

Matt95L

Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
and how good does the frame notch look?

18598798-865b-02000180-.jpg

scootro

Established Member
xcelerator huh?????? what brand is that never heard of it ok.....so i'm dumb..... can anyone give me some details

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
SVT Scott said:
Chris bring it on by the shop Ill cut your frame!! :D Im asuming its a full exhaust who's going to install it?

Oh BTW are you coming out to the NMRA event at KCIR?

Scott

what up scott. i think i'm going to tackle this one over at bobs. i might have eeked by this purchase without a divorce, but any more $$$ and i'm definatly out the door. :uh oh: as for nmra- i've got to be at the groovin sound stylin's of les claypool on the 9th in lawrence. priorities man! :pepper:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
that's it. i couldn't think of the brand. i liked how thick the header flanges were. no warping there.

Users who are viewing this thread