Who has done a C-4 a solid axle swap?

CannibalCobra

Established Member
My car will be done in a few days now with having a C-4 and solid axle put in, and i'm just wondering who here has done this as well. i know strictly has done a few, but i was wondering who else has. thanks. BTW i've done all the work myself, so if anyone has any questions, let me know.

CannibalCobra

Established Member
i wish someone who has actually done it would post in here so i could see what they have to say about it. thanks for the info on who has done it though guys.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
This has piqued my interest.. I was going to run an aode but I don't think anyone makes one that will handle the power I'm going to be making so I'm going to go the c4 route also.

One thing I'm worried about is hitting max speed on a 3 speed going through the traps.. what would the top speed on this tranny with 3.27 gears be?

bfoley

Established Member
with a 3.55 top speed should be around 145-150.. with a 3.27 probably 5-10 more depending on tiresize.

Tide612

Banned
OK i was wondering the same thing. My car is adaily driver but i am planning on making about 800 hp on a street car. I dont want to be having problems with it. I just want a car that is streetable. i was told that a C4 and a solid in these cars is aweful. That there are people that hate them. I need help also.

bfoley

Established Member
I have a friend that went 8.70's @ 157 with a C-4, not sure of the rear end gear though. probably a 3.55

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
Tide612 said:
OK i was wondering the same thing. My car is adaily driver but i am planning on making about 800 hp on a street car. I dont want to be having problems with it. I just want a car that is streetable. i was told that a C4 and a solid in these cars is aweful. That there are people that hate them. I need help also.

If you're "only" (And I say that with all due respect) going to be making 800 rwhp and the car is mostly a street car/daily driver I would go with a built 4r70w. I think it will handle that power easily and be nice around town.

I'm planning for about 1200 hp at the crank on a built stroker, mostly track car, maybe street car once in a while, so I think the c4 is probably my best option. That's not to say a c4 wouldnt be "okay" around town, but the 4r70w will be better.

bfoley

Established Member
Laxpaint5 said:
is the C-4 better for the drag strip versus the street. What is a good solid axle for street driving and decent driveablity

C-4 is much better for the strip than street. you only have 3 gears, so if you wanted to drive on the highway, you better bring a spare fuel tank because your RPM's will run pretty high.

A good solid axle? Well,,, what we run is good for the street and strip and is basically a stock GT housing, welded axle tubes, I use some Strange 31 spline axles with an Eaton Locker. It does well for the street and strip.. Just make sure you use a jig when you have the tubes welded... I had bad luck with mine because we didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread