Who has done Poly Trans Mount

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
I ordered Energy Suspension Poly Trans Mount Part#4.1128R and it does not fit. I suspect this part fits 99-04 GT's. Who has completed this mod and what part# was correct? See you at the Track! Skeet.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
have you ever looked at the flimsy crossmember supports that are spotwelded to the floor pan? :dw:

I've decided that if I want to try a less compliant mount, I'll reinforce that weak link first

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
JB said:
have you ever looked at the flimsy crossmember supports that are spotwelded to the floor pan? :dw:

I've decided that if I want to try a less compliant mount, I'll reinforce that weak link first
Yea, I noticed the weak mount. I already beefed it up, I just need to find the right upgrade.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Energy Suspension has no application note on that part # stating it isn't for a T56 so it should be the right one :shrug:

let us know what they say when you contact them....

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Exit Speed said:
Yea, I noticed the weak mount. I already beefed it up, I just need to find the right upgrade.

pictures??

please share with the class :)

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
JB said:
pictures??

please share with the class :)
When I get some answers from Energy I'll pass them on.When I can get some pics will have to send them to those interested through email. I don't know how to post pics. Skeet.

- Aj -

Established Member
I've been thinking about thie lately. Have not heard of anyone swapping the mount. Wondering if it will help aleviate some of the rough shifting of the trans....

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
Well guys, the word from Energy is they will not be making a mount for the Terminator because they view the total number of cars produced as "low." I will however modify the mount designed for the 99-04 GT to make it work. If enough of you guys are interested I will rework some of these kits to make it available for others to install in their cars. After the mount has been modded and installed I will get some pics. Will someone Pm their email so when I get the pics you can post them on the forum. I have not learned how to post pics. I am expecting to have upgrade completed by March 25th. Stay tuned. Skeet.

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
rubber engine mounts and a poly trans mount sound like a recipe for a broken tailshaft housing.
I have the prothane poly engine mounts. Good point for those who don't. See you at the track, Skeet.

Users who are viewing this thread