Who has some nice pics of 60s Coupes??

Silver TT

Established Member
Looking for pics of pro touring / road race setup 60s Mustang Coupes. There is a great Fastback thread on here but I have a preference for the coupe lines so would like to see more pics of the coupes.

Objective of car would be street legal but just barely as it will not even be close to a daily driver. Want it to be able to hold its own with 911 GT3s etc on a race track. Thinking something like a 302 Boss crate motor with headers, tune - aiming for around 475/500 rwhp and 2700-2900 lb which should make it competitive while also remaining reliable.

Here are some pics to get an idea - black car actually looks like a fastback but would love to see what you guys have as for pics of coupes...

01filiptrojanek1966must.jpg

mustang65kevinsittner.jpg

Last edited:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Good luck trying to keep up with the new GT3's. They are better balanced, carbon fiber brakes, engineered for track racing. That red 65 coupe, is probably the closest thing to coming close to fighting against the GT3's, its owned by Cortex Racing, and with all its customization, bet its a pretty penny to own. But yea, it would be fun to hang with the top of the line porches, very very difficult. I rode in a 2013 Porsche RS 4.0 last weekend on an open track here in Nebraska, this car was over 200k new. It was the fastest, scariest, most violant ride I have ever been in, and it came this way out of the box.

hot66

66 mustang 4.6 4v
Established Member
Thanks...some nice rides in there. And some good looking ladies as well.

U r welcome. I am sure u slept before looking at all 1700 picture :lol: good luck with your build and I hope my pictures helped ya

Silver TT

Established Member
Good luck trying to keep up with the new GT3's. They are better balanced, carbon fiber brakes, engineered for track racing. That red 65 coupe, is probably the closest thing to coming close to fighting against the GT3's, its owned by Cortex Racing, and with all its customization, bet its a pretty penny to own. But yea, it would be fun to hang with the top of the line porches, very very difficult. I rode in a 2013 Porsche RS 4.0 last weekend on an open track here in Nebraska, this car was over 200k new. It was the fastest, scariest, most violant ride I have ever been in, and it came this way out of the box.

Totally agree, the RS 4.0 is a bad azz car. Love them. Its on the list of cars I'd like to own but need more out there in production for prices to come down a bit more.

I think dollar for dollar a $60k build up of a nice coupe with a Boss forged block and maybe some low boost FI with heavy colling mods would be just as fun on the track. Maybe not quite as quick but more style and a lot of fun for 1/2 the price of a GT3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread