who makes a crazy cam for the L?

white lightning 01

Established Member
Ive looked before for a aftermarket cam for the L and haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone have aftermarket heads and or cams? I want a meaner sound and a bit more horse power. Any help would be much apprecitated.

BulldogSVT

head work nets you 15 hp at the best and cams just redistribute the rpm/hp...crane makes 3 different grinds using your stock cams...its a big fat waste of money unless of course you are Timburntire who is unbelievably wealthy!

TimBurntire

Established Member
cams

Since you mentioned me.............

Cams can be ground by Crane and are relatively inexpensive to do, couple hundred bucks for the pair. Gains are minimal unless you keep doing the little things and let them add up, such as port & polish the heads, use a power cooler, get a pulley (lower), s/b throttle body, etc. No ONE of them gives you a LOT, but in unison they apparently do help. Just ask the guys I race at the track all the time.

A waste of time & money, I think, is in the eye of the beholder.

Tim

TimBurntire

Established Member
BTW if all you are looking for is a different sound.....put on the long tube headers, remove the cats, and keep the original muffler on........I know SOMEONE who did that........and their truck sounds awsome!

Hey Dog........see you at the track this weekend?

TimBurntire

Established Member
BTW if all you are looking for is a different sound.....put on the long tube headers, remove the cats, and keep the original muffler on........I know SOMEONE who did that........and their truck sounds awsome!

Hey Dog........see you at the track this weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread