Who makes the best Pillar gauge pod and this gauge holder (Pic)?

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Looking to add A/f, Boost, EGT.

Need the info on what gauges light up the same color as the main gauge pod.. thanks.

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The autometer lunar guages are the closes to our stock guages.
4163_lit_s.jpg

I think that cluster is also made by autometer.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Killer why u want an A/F Meter & EGT at the same time?

A/F & EGT is same functions but to be more accurate the EGT will give u better info on how ur Gas is Burning. Almost like the Dynojets A/F meter reads pretty much the same way but in tempurature.

Killer Cobra

Established Member
You are correct. I like the pretty colors the A/F gives :)
Since we have 2 sides I like dual gauges and not a switch..
No really I used the A/F on the 300ZXTT until I was able to drill a hole in the exhaust manifolds for the EGT probe. That required the motor to be pulled. Not sure if you can do that on the Cobra. Can you without pulling the darn motor? If so I'll just do dual EGT's, boost, Fuel, and maybe oil. 5 gauges total. 3 pillar 2 gauge cluster. bling bling

2k3biz

TCB'n like a mad man
Established Member
Originally posted by Killer Cobra
You are correct. I like the pretty colors the A/F gives :)
Since we have 2 sides I like dual gauges and not a switch..
No really I used the A/F on the 300ZXTT until I was able to drill a hole in the exhaust manifolds for the EGT probe. That required the motor to be pulled. Not sure if you can do that on the Cobra. Can you without pulling the darn motor? If so I'll just do dual EGT's, boost, Fuel, and maybe oil. 5 gauges total. 3 pillar 2 gauge cluster. bling bling
You don't have to pull the motor to install the EGT probes, but they are a tight fit. My exhaust shop was nice enough to Drill and Weld the bungs, then let me use their lift to finish attaching the probes. If the car wasn't in the air it would have been a bit of a bitch. It's not all bad, My buddy crawled under the car to check the fit a few days later, It wasn't impossible, but having it lifted was pretty sweet.

Make sure you don't put your probes in the headers, since they are cast iron, they won't take a weld.:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread