Who sells live axle??? for 03 cobra

allgo

Established Member
I am switching over to a live axle anyone know where to get one maybe as a kit? I am selling my irs too if anyone wants it, only has 7,500 miles on it.

Steel City

Banned
i just had mine built by DTS. there are some things that i am not happy with but they are doing the right thing by working with me to get everything worked out. they have a very good reputation but there prices are getting pretty high. here is a quick pic, let me know if you have any questions. :beer:

8.8_001.jpg

Steel City

Banned
FutureCobraOwnr said:
What did it cost and what are the problems?
cost = $2400 to my door

what i got for that amount...."new" 8.8 99+ housing, painted, welded & braced tubes, 9" ends with moser 33 spline axles & 3" wheels studs, full spool, frpp 4.10's, girdle, cobra irs pinion flange. it took 2 weeks longer than estimated but thats no big deal. the passenger tube where the breater valve goes has a flat spot and i had to retap it so i could screw the breather in. the paint/finish on the housing is not a very good job and i don't believe it's a new housing. they claim that it's a new from ford housing and they couldn't get all the undercoating off before they painted it. i've never seen an 8.8 housing come from ford with any kind of coating wether it's in the vehicle or you ordering through parts. i've seen some of there other customers housings here locally and they all looked new and had a great paint job. the axles didn't have the holes drilled in the flanges to access the retaining plate that holds the axles in. now i have to take them out, package them up and ship them back out to them. total lack of quality control imo and im having a real hard time giving them the benefit of the doubt that it's actually a new housing which i was certainly charged for. all in all mike (manager) is working with me and thats all you can really ask for at this point and in situations like this. i feel like i paid top dollar but didn't get exactly what i paid for. when it's all said and done if everything is corrected, works like it should and doesn't fail i'll be happy....but i doubt i will ever use them again. please don't let my experience scare any of you guys. they have a pretty good reputation and a lot of satisfied customers, this is just typical of my luck i guess and i have higher standards than most people. hope this helps some guys :beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I think DTS is full of crap, my new housing came bare. WGA had to do straightening on it is several spots too. I painted it myself.

No way in hell it was new with undercoating on it. Hope they take care of you.
I talked to them during my research before the blue pill writeup, got a bad feeling from them.

Spool huh? :dw:

Wharf Rat

Established Member
My "new" housing from DTS looked like shit, too. No way it was new. Other than that I am happy with them.

Wharf Rat

Established Member
xBlown04x said:
am i reading this right? $5200.00 that is crazy

That's not crazy- it's absolutely freakin' nuts. With all new stuff from Ford and MM and a $2200 complete unit from DTS I spent about $3600 TOTAL.

Users who are viewing this thread