Who's In Charge of Quality Control?

BlownAway03

Established Member
Anyone know the story on this one? I really hope it didn't leave the factory this way.

Screenshot_2016-03-09-20-47-07_zps1bghxtii.png

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I read on Facebook that it's anew design feature. Late '16's and all 17's+ will feature the flow striping.

It's like chevys flow-tie on z28's.

The stripe delete on the front bumper reduces updraft turbulence. It basically lets smother air into the grill openings. Smoother air is denser and less choppy. It aids all aspects.

The painted sections of bumper have different temps and different texture than the vinyl decal'd sections. Ends up making a huge pressure anomaly then gyrates.

They found it in the wind tunnel off their testing facility in the Kansas Rockies.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Just makes it a rare 1 of 1 lol :lol:

1 of 1 with partial stripe package and there's another "1 of 1" with leather front seats and cloth rear seats. Not only are they reliving the nostalgia of the GT350 nameplate, they're also reliving the quality control of the '60s.

krt22

Established Member
A guy on the other forum refused delivery of a yellow one because it was all banged up (~3k in damage I think). I wonder if this could have been the car, front bumper was resprayed and they have yet to reapply the stripes

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Funny, when I hear that helps the Aerodynamics. The question that always should be asked is: At what speed?

So much of the aero doesn't come into play till above maybe 100-120..

Just remembered, a guy at the track had a white with blue, and right at the top of the front head light, the clear coat was missing. Difficult to see, but over time, the section will weather differently.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
There are no facts to back up my post. I mentioned Kansas Rockies at the end in hopes of eluding to that. A more subtle approach than saying they found it on their ocean front property in Colorado.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
There is a red one like that too, I think this happens when they arent properly loaded or unloaded and the bumper is ruined.

bpmurr

Established Member
Not sure what happened here, but the QC on the S550 has been poor since introduction. Ford even wrote a dealer memo about the subpar build quality on earlier GT350 units and that there would be improvements over the model year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread