why we keep it on the track

Cobra-R

Established Member
Good reminder, Kevin. It is really sobering to read something like that, I feel so bad for the families.

Brian

'00 R

Thanks for the reminder Kevin! Sometimes when I get behind the wheel self control goes out the window! Although, I've never been into swerving in and out of traffic with my R. I do like long open roads a little too much.

Here in Michigan, we have another way racing can be costly! If our state police catch you drag racing, kiss your car goodbye! Confiscated! Gone! Seeya!
A friend of mine recently got pulled over, in his brand new Vette convertable, for messing around with a Grand National. The state boy saw them from the other side of the road, pulled a michigan left and got behind them both at the next light! Pulled 'em over, told 'em to get out and hand over their keys!

My pal worked out a deal with the local prosecuter to get his car back for a bargain price of $3000. The only reason he was able to do it, was because he hadn't made a payment yet! He had no equity in the car, therefore the state couldn't make any money out of selling it. (under the law, any lean holder on the vehicle gets there money out of the auction first, state second)

Even after that deal, he still has to face the 6pt. ticket for drag racing in the first place! Probably be another 3 grand for that!

Not sure if the GN was returned or not!
No alcohol involved!

Max

kevin

i saw another site today with a z06 out doing some combine work. the story went at about 160mph went of the road into some indiana wheat. saw the pics and the car was destroyed in the front and right side, and he was all by his lonesome too.

i don't like to post others tragedy's but this is very to the point when you own a high performance vehicle. someone is always trying to get your goad.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

kevin

all i can say after reading the above site - is one more lesson in what not to do.

all i remember is that for $100 bucks a day and 5-6 weekends (at least) each year i can run as fast as i want with other like minded/risk adjusted folks, in a controlled environment (race track).

on the street i've been approached many times in both my street cars. i know their fast and so does the other guy, so why prove it on the street where there is no adjustment for risk.

man i can't wait for ra.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Maverick

something to think about

that kind of articles are always stopping me for a while. eventhough i love to hammer my fords towards their limits i would never do slalom between other cars.
my worst nightmare would be hitting some child and forcing him/her to wheelchair for rest of life and that is why i use open or country roads for my entertainment if i'm not at racetrack.
and the truth is that especially lamborghinis are the kind of cars that should not be sold for just anyone with cash.
too many of those who drive those machines really think that a playboy model sitting besides you makes you a driver.(they might make you happy but it takes some other skills to handle a sportscar, especially mid-engined one)
if you can afford a road racer you can afford few days at track.
maybe one reason for not seeing those guys at track is that they really are afraid of getting beated by some "homemade" sportscar like those hundreds of stangs that are going round circuits.
not ot mention losing to lightning. (that is just a pickup for most of them)

Users who are viewing this thread