Wierd thing about my clutch

JSHTROD

Established Member
I noticed something funny/strange/wierd.

Sometimes my clutch releases right at the bottom of it's range. meaning, I have to put it to the floor to shift. And other times It engauges/releases in the middle, like normal.

Why does it do this? Anybody else have the same thing happen?

On the way to work, at first it felt fine. Then after ~5 minutes of driving at 45mph, I went to shift. It felt funny, light, and I had to push it all the way down.

By the time I got to work, It felt fine again. This has happened several times...

:??: :shrug:

EatMyDust75

Established Member
I had the same issue, sometimes it was harder to push down then other times during my drive to work and back...
What I did notice was my knee was starting to hurt a little so I adjusted the height of my seat to put more gravitational leverage on the pedal.. low and behold I was shifting like a pro..

crimecrusher

Established Member
My new Cobra does this and so did my Bullitt. When the pedal goes limp, put your foot under it and pull towards you...it will then go back to normal.

Ratt Fink

Established Member
Another one where the clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster would help, and with some Royal Purple tranny fluid !!! The factory quadrant seems to do what it wants on some cars, but has shown to work just fine on a few (OK only on ONE = Engcons !!)

Users who are viewing this thread