Will 255/35/19 tires fit stock GT350 rims?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Will 255/35/19 tires fit the stock GT350 rims? The reason I ask is I want to reuse the Sottozero winter tires I purchased for my GT on the GT350.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
That tire apparently has a tread width of 8.3", which will work on a 9" rim if that's what they are. Ideally you want a tire that has tread width = to rim width, or a tire that has tread width .5" narrower than wheel width. That tire being 8.3" will have a "slight" degree of stretch on a 9" rim ( i dont know what the GT350 are), but not enough to matter. They actually list 8.5 - 10" for that tire as the "recommended" sizes, but i dont know that i agree with a 9.5" or 10", that's going to be too wide of a rim.

Last edited:

RonBurgandy

Established Member
Ford Performance told me they were running 275/40/19 (back) and 255/40/19 (front) for winter tires

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

krt22

Established Member
I would not stretch those over the stock 10.5/11" wide rims, it will largely defeat the point of a winter tire with a nice compliant side wall.

I would try to find some cheap 19x8.5s and keep them as a dedicated winter set

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will just get separate rims. I ordered Forgeline wheels so I was hoping I wouldn't need yet another set.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Are you actually going to be driving the car during the winter or will you be doing like most and have it parked the whole time? It would be pointless changing wheels/tires if you're only going to be driving the car on sunny days during the winter.

bensf

Established Member
You're a braver soul than me. I almost spun my buddy's R @ Sonoma Raceway by getting on the gas too soon and that was a dry track surface. Can't imagine driving it in the snow.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Are you actually going to be driving the car during the winter or will you be doing like most and have it parked the whole time?

In the snow.

It would be pointless changing wheels/tires if you're only going to be driving the car on sunny days during the winter.

Disagree with this. You should always change the tires as you will have greatly reduced breaking distance in cold weather in the winter with summer tires and they will crack.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
Why? If I spent that much money on a car, you bet your ass I'll be driving it any chance I get.

its just not meant for it and its a lot of abuse on the car. I mean when someone says they gonna drive in the winter I think of what I did in my 5.0 which was my only car when I had it, I threw blizzacks on it and drove it all winter in nyc for winter 2014 and 2015 through the snow and everything, everyday. its not that serious if you only take it out on dry winter days but you still got to worry about the salt so make sure you wash that undercarriage good and often.

its just not something I would wanna do to a Shelby.

I would baby it like im gonna baby my vette.

if you have the means to get a secondary car/junker do it, you'll thank yourself later when your Shelby is mint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread