will these tires fit?

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
Will 255/45/17 tires fit on stock 03 cobra wheels? If they will fit, how would they perform compared to same brand tires (275/40/17)? The tire I'm thinking of is BF Goodrich G-Force Sport. The stock tire size seems to wander all over the road. I was thinking 255's wouldn't wander as much.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Will 255/45/17 tires fit on stock 03 cobra wheels? If they will fit, how would they perform compared to same brand tires (275/40/17)? The tire I'm thinking of is BF Goodrich G-Force Sport. The stock tire size seems to wander all over the road. I was thinking 255's wouldn't wander as much.

The 255/45R17 may be a little tall in the front. The stock size 245/45R17 may be a better size for you. What tire are you running now?

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
Right now I have 285's on front and back. I need new tires, and I'm looking to save some money. 275/40/17's are expensive to buy every year for a daily driver.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Although you can drop down to a 245/45R17 from the 285's you have now. You probably won't be that satisfied with the look to be honest.

Here's a suggestion. If you are burning through a set per year you may want to consider buying a tire with a longer life. The Goodyear F1 All seasons in the 275/40R17 may be a great tire for you. These are top end tires built for daily driver cars with a lot of power. If you drive your Cobra the way I can assume, based on your need for new tires every year, you are going to want this tire. They out perform and outlast a lot of summer UHP tires. You may spend a little more up front but you will get more out of your car all year round and you won't loose the wider tire look that the Cobra inspires.

Users who are viewing this thread