will this pcm fix my problem?

jay94

Established Member
heres my problem, i have a 99 svt contour that spun a rod bearing. so i pulled the motor and built it up a little and put it back in. through a series of unfortunate events, my pcm got a nice voltage spike and its toast. the sode on my pcm is SFG2. and the part number is XS2F-12A650-UC. which from my research, is one of the most admired pcms that came out of the csvt's. since this part is discontinued from the dealer i did some looking around and came across a 98 csvt thats bring parted out about an hour away from me. basically, will that pcm work with my car even if it has a different code? i know the csvt's had several different pcms and i just want to know if i buy it will my car run again..

2002BLGT

Established Member
heres my problem, i have a 99 svt contour that spun a rod bearing. so i pulled the motor and built it up a little and put it back in. through a series of unfortunate events, my pcm got a nice voltage spike and its toast. the sode on my pcm is SFG2. and the part number is XS2F-12A650-UC. which from my research, is one of the most admired pcms that came out of the csvt's. since this part is discontinued from the dealer i did some looking around and came across a 98 csvt thats bring parted out about an hour away from me. basically, will that pcm work with my car even if it has a different code? i know the csvt's had several different pcms and i just want to know if i buy it will my car run again..

You may have a PATS issue just swapping but dealer may be able to fix that for you , or if you get a tune you could have the PATS disabled in the tune

Users who are viewing this thread