Will we ever have a GT 500 Forum Listing?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Is there even an actual confirmation out there that an S550 GT500 is going to be built?

bpmurr

Established Member
Maybe after they change this section name for the GT350 to 2016+ Ford Performance Shelby GT350.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Also there is no GT500 on the S550 chassis as of now. If there is one announced in the future I am sure SVTP will add a section

Systematic

Established Member
I could've sworn there was a GT350 section back when the car was still just a rumor.

viperakron

Established Member
Mustang needs to keep up with the Jones. New 800HP Camaro and Hellcat. New 500 would have to have a auto!!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I could've sworn there was a GT350 section back when the car was still just a rumor.

It wasn't labled as a GT350 section until after it was confirmed. It was 2016+ SVT mustang. There were rumors and spyshots of something coming, but no one knew what it would be. When there is confirmation of a gt500, they will add a new section. No need to clutter up the forums/take up more space on servers with a section that has no reason to exist at the moment.

Lemers

Established Member
My wish list for a GT500 (I might get a lot of hate for this)

The V6TT from the upcoming Ford GT
ADW
Duel clutch auto
Auto adjusting suspension (hight included)
Auto adjust spoiler
Major use of carbon fiber
HUD

To target the GT-R

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My wish list for a GT500 (I might get a lot of hate for this)

The V6TT from the upcoming Ford GT
ADW
Duel clutch auto
Auto adjusting suspension (hight included)
Auto adjust spoiler
Major use of carbon fiber
HUD

To target the GT-R

Sounds like you want a GT-R lol

Lemers

Established Member
The GT-R price has grown way too much in just the few years it was offered in the states.

I feel that means that there is a niche that could be filled by other companies.

A Gt500 could make a great competitor and start a price war.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
The GT-R price has grown way too much in just the few years it was offered in the states.

For good reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

I feel that means that there is a niche that could be filled by other companies

A Gt500 could make a great competitor and start a price war.

I don't think Ford will ever build the GT500 to compete on that level. It was never meant to be an exceptional handling track weapon.

Mach828

Established Member
I'd rather have a GT350 over a 800hp GT500.

What engine would they put in it? The trinity is dead. Not a 5.0, it wouldn't make that power reliably. The 5.2 of course not, its an NA road course engine. V6 ecoboost isn't going to hit 800.

Ford is doing a good job of selling cars that generate profit, showcase their skills, and don't just sit on lots. An 800hp GT500 isn't it. The new GT and GT350 are their performance cars for this generation. I think the GT500 is dead.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
There will be another GT500 or some sort of power hungry mustang but I believe ford performance is seeing something with the GT350 and performance data it's collecting. To go big with big hp will require more weight and more imbalance hurting overall performance. I don't think they have any want to create a 700+hp 4000lb vehicle. There's a reason why mb BMW Audi and even Ferrari have all gone smaller displacement v8 with twins on them. There's a reason why the new m3 lost 2 cylinders to lose weight and gain significant performance. There is a reason the new GT has TT v6 race motor in it.

If Ford can build a TT V8 with 650hp at 3800lbs with this chasis they would have a winner on the street and track!

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'd rather have a GT350 over a 800hp GT500.

What engine would they put in it? The trinity is dead. Not a 5.0, it wouldn't make that power reliably. The 5.2 of course not, its an NA road course engine. V6 ecoboost isn't going to hit 800.

Ford is doing a good job of selling cars that generate profit, showcase their skills, and don't just sit on lots. An 800hp GT500 isn't it. The new GT and GT350 are their performance cars for this generation. I think the GT500 is dead.

Or they could do a 5.2L coyote without the flat plane crank.

91z28350

Established Member
Or follow Ferrari's lead, decrease the displacement on the FPC and add twin turbos. Add a DCT option, MRC, recalibrated suspension for the extra weight onthe front end, battery to the trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread