Window issue

ramstein

Established Member
My driver side window has bee is giving me hard time. For the past week or so it would just quit working for sometime and then would be fine again. This morning when I pressed the window down button it just made the clicking sound and the window doesn't move at all. The lock/unlock button works fine as the rest of the windows. The wires seem to be intact. Just wanted to see anybody had similar window problem and may have any suggestions while I continue my search through hundreds of electronic pages!
Thanks

Last edited:

bullitt1238

Established Member
Mine does it when its really hot out and its been sitting in the sun, and my brother in law has had the same problem. :shrug:

rockX219

Established Member
Mine does it when its really hot out and its been sitting in the sun, and my brother in law has had the same problem. :shrug:

Same here. I had it replaced a few years back when i lived in Florida. Been fine since then, but the car has more garage time now a days.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member

That's a common problem with an easy fix most of the time.

Hold down button while firmly closing door....

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
I've had the same problem and did some research. What some people have done is adjust the tracks that direct the window, apparently whatever there made of tends to expand when hot and prevent the window from lowering. I have yet to attempt to fix this as it seems to resolve itself everytime.

ramstein

Established Member
Well, I have red about the"slamming door technique" lol, but it doesn't seem like a solution to me. Going to have to remove the door panel to take a good look inside.
Does anyone know a good writeup on how to remove it by any chance? Maybe someone could post a link to it.

S8MS-01904

SVT Cobra Driver
Established Member
Sound more like the "Master switch" has failed (drivers door window controls). Easy buy off fleabay. Same thing happens to my '02 Explorer. Roughly cost about $40 for the switch.

One way to test is to "borrow" a buddy's switch from his car and try in yours.

Good luck.

termin80r

Established Member
heres something interesting, thought this was what mine was doing, turned out that my foot was hitting the fuse when releasing the clutch, and it would eventually come out enough that the window wouldnt work, but the passenger side did work. probably not ur problem, but i though id throw it in there.

SinisterCobra

Established Member
any luck with the fix OP? ive also had the same problem my window just didnt go down at all and its irritating when I go through a drive thru or anything of the sort!

ramstein

Established Member
I took the car to ford dealer cause I wasn't sure if it was the motor causing issues. Well they said it was the motor, and then tried to charge me 400$. It is amazing how those assholes think that most of their customers are idiots.
Now that I know it is the motor I can buy a new one for around 70$ and do it myself.
If anyone has instructions on how to replace the motor, I'd appreciate it greatly.:beer:

Marc

Established Member
My window in the passenger's side works fine. But, when I close the door, it seems like it is rattling inside the door. I would think if it fell off the track, it wouldn't work at all. Don't know what the issue is.

AdamSVT

Established Member
This JUST happened to me...same scenario as OP. I took off the door panel found the motor and gave it a nice whack with a hammer and walla it works again. It may just be jammed like mine was.

Users who are viewing this thread