window motor and regulator removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramstein

Established Member
Need to replace my driver side window motor, just searched in how to section and here and no results. Does anyone know how to remove the motor and replace it? Is it possible to remove the motor without taking out the regulator?

Greg Perez

Established Member
It appears I have the same problem. I took the panel off and found Voltage going to the motor when activating the switch. I saw a picture of the regulator and motor as an assembly on 5.0 resto and it appear like all you need to do is loosen the regulator for room then loosen and remove the window motor (hold the glass). Im going to try this on Wednesday (10-5-11) but if you hear anything else, please post it because I dont know much about this body Mustang(I come from the 5.0 era).

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i took mine loose.. bolts out n everything. and happen to hit the switch and it started working again. so take your door panel off first and hit the motor with something hard. and it might start working again.

about removing it tho. u have to remove the mach460 speakers, the grill pops off then u lose an allen wrench i think. then the door panel comes off.

shurur

Established Member
haynes manal

Haynes manual only implies that you can replace the motor alone. As I recall the motor had four bolts.

Supposedly after checking voltage to the motor..
You need to disconnect the glass from the regulator, then check that the regulator moves freely up and down by hand without binding...before blaming the motor...no write up on replacing the motor itself though.

I got a peek at it all when I did the up/down autoloc window controllers and also just fixed my wife's bmw regulator...it's not complicated.

Get a haynes manual. It's a confidence builder at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread