Window Tint Exemption ( Do I have a snowballs chance) TX

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
In Virginia, you would be wrong. It is a PRIMARY violation here, and also a Class 3 misdemeanor for the first offense. A second or subsequent offense becomes a Class 2 Misdemeanor AND a judge can ORDER you to remove it. Fail to remove it OR reapply at an illegal level, then you COULD be dealing with a Contempt of Court charge.

I'm not questioning the law or how it's written. All I am saying is it's a pointless law that has no bearing on anything. The law was purely developed so LEO can see inside your

This says differently than what you said. Says it's just a traffic infraction not a misdemeanor. Says for the installer it's a misdemeanor.

The penalty in the state of Virginia for having illegal window tint is not as strict as some other states. A driver found to be in violation of the law would initially be guilty of a traffic infraction. On second and subsequent violations, the driver may be ordered to remove the film or sunshading material. The penalties for the installer of illegal window tint film are much harsher. The first offense for an installer is a Class 3 misdemeanor, while second and subsequent violations the installer would be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. A few vehicles are exempt from the previously mentioned regulations: limousines, executive sedan carriers, and law enforcement vehicles. Check with your locality to find out the specific regulations governing these vehicles.

and yet here you are .. being exactly that
oh so you were an LEO in all other 49 states huh? or maybe there is some other way you became an expert in the policies and procedures of the other states? please enlighten us as to what the law is in Texas and California since you are more of an expert than the ICEMAN who is a Texas LEO.

Idiot. Go school yourself as your title says.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I see that you have not read the rules …

and the OP lives in Texas so your comment about how I was wrong because the law in FLORIDA says you can't be stopped for it was incorrect and irrelevant. don't think that makes me the idiot

I'm not questioning the law or how it's written. All I am saying is it's a pointless law that has no bearing on anything. The law was purely developed so LEO can see inside your

This says differently than what you said. Says it's just a traffic infraction not a misdemeanor. Says for the installer it's a misdemeanor.

The penalty in the state of Virginia for having illegal window tint is not as strict as some other states. A driver found to be in violation of the law would initially be guilty of a traffic infraction. On second and subsequent violations, the driver may be ordered to remove the film or sunshading material. The penalties for the installer of illegal window tint film are much harsher. The first offense for an installer is a Class 3 misdemeanor, while second and subsequent violations the installer would be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. A few vehicles are exempt from the previously mentioned regulations: limousines, executive sedan carriers, and law enforcement vehicles. Check with your locality to find out the specific regulations governing these vehicles.

Idiot. Go school yourself as your title says.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Yea, there are a few people who don't take the time to read the rules! I for one don't think it's a pointless law. I would certainly like to see if someone is pointing a shotgun at me. I would think all law enforcement and civilians would like to know.
I don't see anywhere in the op's thread where it causes or doesn't cause crashes. What does this have to do with this thread?

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
He still hasn't answered my question in regards to why he chose to quit law enforcement after 12 years...

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
He still hasn't answered my question in regards to why he chose to quit law enforcement after 12 years...

The main reason I left is I didn't like who I became. I took my job home and it almost cost my marriage. No job is worth that. This happens often with LEO I'm sure as you all know. We also wanted to get out of Florida. I took a job in a completely different field which I am still employed with that company 13 years later.

Now if I offended anyone that is not what I intended. I DID read the rules and my comments were towards a law not a law enforcement officer. In Florida EVERYONE had dark illegal windows. We just had bigger fish to fry vs. being concerned about window tint nor were we allowed to stop just for tint, secondary violation. I never said once I was an expert in any other state which is why I specified Florida.

This is just my opinion on the tint law. I'm not asking for anyone to agree just pointing an opinion.

I'm done here now. You all stay safe please.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
there is absolutely NO medical evidence that driving around in a car without tint increases the risk of Macular Degeneration. Your doctor knows this so he is being dishonest.

Oh so you are an optometrist now? Please do tell the ways to prevent and worsen your chances of eye diseases including macular degeneration.

I figured the less rays that hit your eyes/skin would help with skin and eye problems silly me.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Oh so you are an optometrist now? Please do tell the ways to prevent and worsen your chances of eye diseases including macular degeneration.

I figured the less rays that hit your eyes/skin would help with skin and eye problems silly me.
there are plenty of peer reviewed studies on macular degeneration NONE of them that I have read mention anything at all about driving around upping the risk of it happening. I will take what I researched over what you "figured" every day of the week and twice on sunday. if you know of a medical study that says otherwise I would be interested in reading it.

skin cancer is another story. but they don't give out exemptions on the off chance you might develop it when the legal limit is plenty of protection.

Users who are viewing this thread