Window tint question

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
how dark is 35% --that is the legal limit where I am at any pics would be appreciated :beer:

93tealcoupe

Established Member
I had 35 on my old 5.0 basically you can't tell if the car is tinted, i am going with 20 on my 03 dsg soon

I8URZ28

Established Member
yea I am wondering if this place will do it darker if I talk to them in person

Ninedown

Established Member
I personally wouldn't go lighter then 20%. I just got 22% sides and back, wish it was slightly darker.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Go with 20%. I think it is perfect. 35% is the legal limit here and it doesn't even look like its tinted. Most places will let you pay cash and give you no reciept if you get below the legal limit. That way if the person gets pulled over for illegal tint they can't complain to the business that they didn't know it was illegal to tint at 20% and the cops won't give them crap for tinting the car an illegal tint %.

SpectorV

Established Member
I had 20 and got a ticket... cost me 25 for the ticket, a day having to go to court, and 200 to have it redone all thanks to an A-Hole trooper who couldnt catch me speeding.

I would do it legal and be done with it. 35 is not super dark, you will be let down... but its not THAT bad either.

I8URZ28

Established Member
did you have to go to court for the tinting violation or were you trying to fight the ticket?-

optx002

Established Member
SpectorV said:
I had 20 and got a ticket... cost me 25 for the ticket, a day having to go to court, and 200 to have it redone all thanks to an A-Hole trooper who couldnt catch me speeding.

I would do it legal and be done with it. 35 is not super dark, you will be let down... but its not THAT bad either.

thats interesting. i remember in ny when i was pulled over, you can remove the tint within 24 hours and not pay any fine. if you wanted to keep it on, just pay 60 in court fees and your good to go. if you remove the front tints and get the fine waived, it cost another 60 to redo the fronts. so i just paid 60 and got it over with. why remove tints and pay to get it put on again when you can just pay the fine. maybe your laws are slightly different.

Bad01SVT

Established Member
My brother got 20% in my old 93 cutlass sup. and got stoped. He did get the ticket but he went and got a script from the family doctor and now if he gets pulled over for it he just lets them see the script and they cant write him a ticket. I am going to do the same thing for my 03. It really does help at night with all of the bright lights on all of the cars. But he did say to go the the regular doctors not an eye doctor. He is not sure that they can give it to you. Later,

Dan

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
BadSVT01 said:
My brother got 20% in my old 93 cutlass sup. and got stoped. He did get the ticket but he went and got a script from the family doctor and now if he gets pulled over for it he just lets them see the script and they cant write him a ticket. I am going to do the same thing for my 03. It really does help at night with all of the bright lights on all of the cars. But he did say to go the the regular doctors not an eye doctor. He is not sure that they can give it to you. Later,
Dan
I heard the same thing. I'm gonna get my Dr. to write me an Rx and then the PoPo can F--K OFF! :coolman:

coakeson

Established Member
On my 98 GT I had 5% on every window, except the windshield of course. I got caught and the ticket said that I can either take it off or pay a $112 fine and leave it. So I just took it off and went down to a CHP station to show him, well the officer didn't even walk out of the office, he just looked out the window and my car was parked about 75 yards from where he was. So I could of just left it on and rolled my windows down and been fine, but I have bad luck so he would have walked out then and caught it. I thinking about going with 15% on my cobra.

I8URZ28

Established Member
well technically my car is registered in FL which has a less strict tint law than AL so I bet if I got stopped I could say that I am stationed in AL "which I am" but tell them the car usually resides in FL. may work :rockon:

Ilke2gofst

sSsNaKe
Established Member
I got 7% on my two small back windows and the large back window. Then I got 17% on my two front windows. I honestly think its perfect because 17% is just enough to where you arent looking at gettin in trouble with the cops. But its definatley dark.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
Go Limo or go home

100_1790.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread