Winter time

DLV

Established Member
Up here in Canada, the snake has been put away for a few weeks now. Driving the winter beater deprives me of anything worth talking about. Usually. My ride is the big Mustang embarrassment, second only to the Mustang II. Yep, 132 lbs of tire-shredding torque, 105 raging horsepower packed into a 2775 lb body. The fabled 2.3 SOHC I4. My lastest is a 5 spd coupe, '93. Although I do not have the timeslips to document it, I'm running about a 17.5 Qm BONE STOCK. My previous beater was an '88, with an A4 and a hatchback. 90 horse I think was generous. Although it was on synthetic w\ a K&N. Anyway, I work about 30 miles away, and drive this slug to work throughout the winter. One day last winter (clear roads) on the way home, I came up on a chrome yellow limited edition 93' 5.0 'vert. He pulled over to the slow lane. I came up with the intention of admiring this machine, but he pulled away as soon as I was beside him. What could I do? I floored it. Nothing happened. This continued for the remainder of the drive. I kept it about 80 (55 zone), he'd slow until I caught up, then speed off. I really wasn't mad, but couldn't understand why he would bother. Anyway, right before my town there is a long, banked hill descending into town. I had 15" ten-holes w/ H-rated winters, and with the sandbags, my weight was probably close to 50/50. I just stayed at 80 all the way down through the turn. Halfway through, he backed off. He stayed back after that. I just felt embarrassed for the guy. I drive that road every day, so it's not really fair, but he kept slowing and speeding etc. 2.3 vs 5.0 should come out the same every time. Unless maybe it's an SVO.:rev:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Gotta love the 2.3L

I had one b4 my contour.

in fact, i had the 10 hole wheels. and sandbags.

mine was teal.

Users who are viewing this thread