Wire Tuck???

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
Whats goin on guys Im new here but not to the mustang world. I got a question about a wire tuck. I blew my motor about a month ago :banana:and while the motors out I would like to clean the engine bay by doing a wire tuck but I don't where to start. Could anyone give some advice on what to do here. Thanks in advance.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Well the harness is so big that its hard to tuck many wires on it.Some you might be able to. A popu,alr thing to do with other types of cars is eiher to have a cover over the wires or run them under the intek manifold, but with our manifold style that not possible.A good couple things to do to clean up the bay is to get rid of the egr valve with vaccum line running to it and the solenoid. You can also delete the pcv valve and run breathers on each valve cover. This eliminates the plastic and rubber hoses that run over the top of the intake. Cleans thins up a ton but you have to put a rubber cap on the intke and the upper intke manifold.

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
I have seen problems with the breathers on the valve cover were the oil starts leaking out and gets oil every where. I am going to delete all of that while the motor is out. But like i said I was wanting to get rid of the clustered look in the engine bay by hiding the harness and moving the fuse block and the battery. I was just wondering if the was anyone who could give me some hints tips or tricks on how too.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I have seen problems with the breathers on the valve cover were the oil starts leaking out and gets oil every where. I am going to delete all of that while the motor is out. But like i said I was wanting to get rid of the clustered look in the engine bay by hiding the harness and moving the fuse block and the battery. I was just wondering if the was anyone who could give me some hints tips or tricks on how too.

it wont leak if its properly secured with fittings on the valve covers

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
No no no...lol...I have seen cases where it leaks throught the filter itself. I prolly still goin to do it. I got a buddy that is going to help me it. I'll post pics when we get it all done.

Users who are viewing this thread