Wiring up autometer gauges, best location for line taping/other

SpectorV

Established Member
I am going to be getting a set of autometer lunar series gauges (boost and something else) and I have wired up 3 sets in the past, but I want to do it up right from the start to the end.

Where is the best place to run the light wires, ground wires, and gauge power wires.

I am thinking of the back of the stock light switch or the defroster button (which is a pita to run wires to unlike the per 01's)

also where do you tap for the boost gauge sendor? and say... a temp sensor sender? Never messed with the dohc much.

Thanks for the tips.

optx002

Established Member
the search feature is your best friend. but to put it in short, buy a mini add-a-circuit from autozone. remove your #37 fuse and put int he add a circuit with a 10amp fuse. run your power from that. Ground it anywhere in under the dash. The boost hose runs through behind the glove box, so the autometer boost gauge shoudl come with a Y or T fitting that you place inbetween the junction of that boost line. A temp sender, depending on which gauge, you can get oil temp/water temp. I have a water temp, with a special fitting on the crossover piping. The wiring is sent through the firewall where the big grommet is just below and to the right of the clutch cable entrance.

But search, peopel have step by step photographed write ups. good luck.

SpectorV

Established Member
the fuse panel under the dash is always hot if I remember correctly. This it wont work since the gauges need to turn off when the car is not running.

Users who are viewing this thread